charmed…

rolled-quilts

Now I realize that not everyone enjoys charm square quilts, but I continue to find them fun, if for nothing else than the fact that it gives me something to sew at that very moment and doesn’t require too much thought. Because sometimes I like to sew just for the sake of sewing. I think I tend to make these quilts when I’m working on a larger quilt that’s taking some time — these give me the satisfaction of a quick finish and then I’m better able to get back to working on the larger projects. At any rate, here they are -

A cute little one out of the new Urban Chicks Dream On charm packs I managed to snag on ebay…

dream-on-2

a bold & fun one out of MoMo Odyssea -

odyssea2

and an old favorite, out of a couple of MoMo Wonderland charm packs I had set aside -

wonderland-quilt

Oh, and the other good thing about these charm square quilts? They’re small and therefore quite portable. And if you know me, you know that I don’t like to waste a moment sitting around without simultaneously working on a project! Handsewing these bindings kept me quite entertained in the car this past weekend!

All three are for sale in the shop.

___

This entry was posted in 2010 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to charmed…

Anna says:

just beautiful! all of them. I almost got some of the dream on charm packs the other day. :)

Linda says:

I love squares. These quilts are pretty!

WHATUPDUCK says:

Love them! I’m fond of charm quilts too, just for the fact of the no thought, no fuss sewing.

Kelly says:

I like charm packs for all the same reasons! And I add 1 more: I get to play with all the patterns within a collection!

BirthdayGinny says:

Love ‘em! My quilting friends give me scraps from their larger projects which I turn into 5″ squares which then make dandy little quilts. Very satisfying for all the reasons you mentioned.

elsa says:

they are beautiful! love the Urban Chicks Dream … the colors are yummy! thanks for sharing!

Chantry says:

they are really beautiful!
    who makes the fabric with the red scissors that I see in the first photo?

Meg in CT says:

I love charm square quilts–sometimes you just need something fast and fun! Also, I am smitten with Dream On–it reminds me of vintage sheet prints, which I love!

Paige says:

I love the scissors backing!

Those charm quilts are great! All very different. The urge to just sew and sew is recognized immediately. The same to me!

Rebecca says:

i love your charm quilts! do you lay them out before sewing, or just piece randomly? i have such difficulty achieving that “randomness” that i love about yours!

Mary Claire says:

You just justified my purchase of two Dream On charm packs; thank you! Love the simple quilting on it. Can’t wait to make mine!

Cathy A says:

Who could not like charm quilts? Your quilts are wonderful!

So Cute!
    I agree with Rebecca, I have a very difficult time with randomness.
    I admire your creativity!

elizabeth says:

I just finished my first quilt top – out of 1 pack of charm squares and coordinating fabrics, and I love it! I don’t have any quilting tools and the squares are somewhat wonky because it’s hand sewn, but it was the perfect project for the beach and I see many more in my future!

love your blog, btw – just found it!

CJ says:

Just what I want to do with Dream On! LOVELY!

Elizabeth says:

I love these! The new Dream on is so pretty! I can’t wait to get my hands on some!

Munaiba says:

I especially like the MoMo Odyssea quilt.

Amy C says:

I love charm quilts. I like all of your fabric choices. I definitely need to get some “Dream On”.

Terri says:

You know what, I like charm squares, and I like these patchwork square quilts you make! I love to sit down and sew just for the sake of sewing too, and this is a perfect way to satisfy that need. Thanks for the reminder to do this!

Your eye for color is unbelievable. And it is not just in your quilts, don’t think your photo backgrounds go unnoticed. The photo of the quilt made with the Urban Chicks Dream On Charm pack has a background of flowers that match the quilt to a T. The Momo Odyssea has the same tone of green that is in some of the blocks repeated in the greenery behind the quilt. I learn so much from you every time I log onto your blog. I am grateful to have found Film In The Fridge. Good work. Carolina

Jennifer O. says:

I think we are of similar minds – I just quilted a few charm pack quilts, including just finished sewing down the binding on one made with 2 charm packs of Rural Jardin for my sister. So pretty! It’s a good way to use up some of the charm packs I keep buying and get something pretty and useful fairly quickly. I love the Dream On – I thought Nicey Jane reminded me of sheets from my childhood, but this collection does that even more!

karen says:

They are just charming (lol). I agree sometimes its nice to sew without too muching thinking. They look yummy.

danielle says:

i am ridiculously in love with the dream on charm packs…i havent done a charm square quilt in ages, but with it being winter here in Australia, and a spring baby on the way, this is just perfect for a picnic quilt : )

thanks for inspiring me

Kathleen15 says:

I so agree. I think I’m ADD because I hop from project to project. I look at all the great fabs and want to sew with everything at one time. Your quilts are great!