Maze & Vale Converging Corners

mvcc3

I quilted this wall hanging recently, and I think I love it. As I mentioned before, it was a bit of an experiment – I wasn’t sure how these low volume prints (all Maze & Vale hand printed fabrics) would look in my converging corners design, since you kind of need the prints in the corners to stand out to form the design, but as it turns out, you can still see the design and I love the way it looks with these softer prints.

mvcc

You can even see the design from afar!

mvcc4

I quilted it with concentric circles again, though this time varied the spacing between the circles.

mvcc2

I first quilted circles about an inch apart, then went back and filled in different sections. (It can be hard to know when to stop!)

mvcc5

The backing and binding are both Robert Kaufman Essex yarn dyed in flax, which seemed to go well, and fit the feeling, of the lovely Maze & Vale hand printed fabrics.

mvcc6

And all those lovely Maze & Vale snippets? I’ll never get tired of looking at them!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Liberated Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Maze & Vale Converging Corners

Sandra Woods says:

A truly beautiful quilt. Very sophisticated and original. Bravo.

Pat says:

It looks great and I really like the variation in the circles.

Liz says:

Beautiful use of your pattern. I love those Maze and Vale fabrics. I made a similar mini this year using your tutorial as inspiration. It’s such a versatile concept, thanks for sharing!

Linda says:

I love it! The prints and the quilting. Keep up the good work…8-)

xo Linda

Colleen says:

I love concentric circles or spiral quilting! You have just inspired me! Ive been stuck on How to quilt my MQG challenge wall hanging. I think I will just spiral it!

dorothy says:

The converging corners look great with the “uneven” color of the fabric. Good choice for quilting in a circle. How do you do that and keep the curves or circles even as you sew?

ann says:

Beautiful like everything you do!

dispack says:

Turned out great! Love the pic on the gray barn…can see the quilting design there so clear. I need to get the courage up to do a concentric circle design.

Such a lovely finish! I’ve chosen this block (and linked to your tutorial) for my on-line bee blocks this month. Can’t wait for the blocks to start arriving in the mail!

Karee says:

Marvelous! Converging Corners is ON THE 2014 LIST. Goodness, I better get quilting.

Colleen says:

I love the concentric quilting…really, just wonderful.

Margret says:

Love it!! I have a small quilt kit from Maze and Vale I bought over a year ago, I think I just found the inspiration I need, thank you!

Meredithe says:

Love it! I’ve only just discovered Maze and Vale…….I’m in love!!

Brandy says:

I love this quilt. I think you are inspiring me to get back to quilting. The recent wall hanging and this one are so lovely.

I love how this turned out! I especially love the concentric circle quilting–it really sets of the design beautifully.

Love all your quilts, but this may be my favorite!

Rhona says:

Love this quilt, looking at it you see little splashes of color and the quilting makes it!

darci says:

i love this- low volume is so great. and the soft colors, and the linen, and the circles………..

Míša says:

It is beautiful – I like your quilting

Jessica C says:

Ashley, this is really, really beautiful. I just love it.

Such a stunning work of art! Beautiful work!

susan kilpatrick says:

Hi – I love this quilt and you have inspired me to make it in low volume fabrics – just have to decide how big it is going to be.

Genevieve says:

This is my absolute favorite quilt! I want to make it for my bed asap. Amazing work!

Cheryl says:

Love it! And it does indeed work. People often think low volume means low contrast, but texture and scale of the print provide value. By pairing it with the solid it had that change in value.

Kelly Cline says:

Love it all, especially the quilting!

28. Pingback: FITF: squares of Maze & Vale | Film in the Fridge

Oh my…. Beautiful. If you ever decide to sell this, I want to know!