a munki munki quilt in progress

munkiquilt

I’ve been trying to do a bit of organizing, and in the process, have been discovering some fun (and not so fun!) older projects and lots of fabrics I’ve been saving. I pulled out my Munki Munki stash, which I collected over several years, and decided to make up one more quilt. I’ve made several quilts out of these fun prints and now that I got to play with them one last time, I can honestly say I’ve had my fill.

munkiquilt2

Some of you may notice this is the same design as my autumn blush quilt I posted recently – turns out this is a great design for making while simultaneously playing with the kids. It’s also a great design for packing in lots of different fabrics. And now that the top’s complete, it’s really fun to look for all the fun little details – chickens, kitties, goldfish, apples & pears, oh my!

munki-a

I’m still deciding on a backing – a little extra Heather Ross perhaps? I might have to go all out on this one! In the meantime, I’m sorting through and listing the remaining Munki fabrics, which you can find here.

Sponsor notes:

Bloomerie Fabrics has a couple sales going on right now - take 15% off pink fabrics through the end of October with code PINK15. Also, all Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids are on sale for $5.96!

Chio at Llama Fabrics just received the new Alison Glass Bike Path prints and has them available in Fat Eighth, Fat Quarter, 1/2 yard, and yard bundles.

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to a munki munki quilt in progress

Jessica says:

Wonderful quilt!!! If you had any extra of this Munki Munki fabric left after this quilt I’ll gladly take it off your hands….hehe!! I’m a newish quilter and these fabrics were “before my time”! I would love to buy some of Heather Rosses older fabrics but there is no way I can spend as much as people want for them. I love all your quilts!
    *Jessica
    juceyj03@gmail.com

Betsy says:

Ooo, I like that Munki business! I’ve been after some of those goldfish for a long time!!

Sharon Eshlaman says:

Very cool. I’d love to know where I can purchase the pattern. Thanks

Cheryl says:

The pattern you used sets off the all of the patterns and colors wonderfully, beautiful quilt!

katie says:

Eeekkk! So cute that I wanna make one now.

Michaelanne says:

I was SO happy to scoop up some of your destash!!!! THANK YOU:) and I am a HUGE fan of your work, even though I have not commented before!

Faith says:

I love it! I have a ton of munki, something like this is a really good idea to make a dent in it.

Nova says:

gorgeously happy piecing! love it :)

Erica says:

Love this, Ashley! Sweet colors, great prints. I never collected the munki munki prints, but this makes me wish I had :)

Quyen says:

If i have the first quilt, i will spend so much time to look at all patterns. It’s so cute :)

Josie says:

It is just so cozy looking and I love the straight line quilting!! You always impress me with your work and colors you pick!!

Sabrina Strong says:

Oh my! How lovely!!! I would love love love with a cherry on top some of these fabrics if you have any you’d like to swap or sell!!!!

Thanks!!!