Spots everywhere!

I just finished this quilt yesterday and it’s become an instant favorite!

If you remember, I came up with this quilt idea when going through my fabric scraps. I realized I had quite a lot of polka dotted fabrics and decided that would be the theme of this quilt. I wasn’t so strict about the polka dotted theme – anything that reminded me of a polka dot was included… including Amy Butler’s Martini Dots, and Joel Dewberry’s Chestnuts and Chestnut Branches.

It was fun to include so many different designers and so many bright colors. It makes me happy just looking at it!

I opted for a little pop of green in the binding, and used Amy Butler’s Seeds in Okra. I really like the color that brings to the edge.

Nice weather we’re having, eh? You can tell winter’s on its way. Not sure how many more times I can convince Morgan to go outside to hold up my quilts for photos!

This entry was posted in 2008 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Square-in-Square Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Spots everywhere!

nettie says:

it’s perfect. I REALLY like this one, especially how the inner squares are all different sizes.

Carrie says:

Love, love, love this quilt. Is anything better than polka dots? Other than a scrappy quilt that works so well together? The pieced back has a lot of interest too. Great job.

Woody says:

wow, another super quilt. What do you do with all these fab quilts?

Alissa says:

Oh it’s so so so nice!! The back with the two blocks is so great as well… oh this makes me so excited for the weekend to start so that I can get started on a new quilt. It’s inspiring! I love it!

Michelle says:

Just stumbled upon your blog.. and this has to be one of my favorite quilts I’ve seen so far!!! great job!!

evensweeter says:

How are you ever going to top this?!
    And yes, far too cold to be taking pics outside now that it’s November, not to mention the fact that the wind and gray sky detract from your beautiful creations.

Dare I ask why you were posting so early in the morning??
    And on a side note, I’m so glad I didn’t have to worry about Joe dying throughout the whole episode — thanks for saving me the suspense!

Terriaw says:

Great choice on the binding fabric. I have used that fabric on a couple projects too. It really frames the quilt blocks. I love how quilt turned out too – you must be so proud!

love love. and then a little more love.

jacquie says:

love this…i have this thing for polka dots…such whimsy and fun! you did a wonderful job on this quilt.

Dallas says:

This is a great design – it really shows off the patterns, and the white is great contrast.

Wendy says:

Wow – it’s colorful, dotty, and elegant!

Kimber says:

Love this quilt ! It is so cheerful ! As well as, the rest of your designs ! Thanks for the inspiration ! I haven’t been quilting long, and I was wondering if you could provide some measurements for the blocks in “Spots Everywhere”…what size are the center squares and the completed block. Am I right to think it is a wonky log cabin pattern ? Thanks ! Kimber

Rebecca says:

Hi,
    I’m interested in your quilts, how much are they? I don’t see where you can order them.

Thanks

16. Pingback: mini spotted squares - Film In The Fridge

Sophia says:

Ashley, was this a pattern, or from your quilting head? What size square did you start off with? I am trying to eye ball yours, I am making a quilt for my three year old. Mine seem so much smaller than yours. I wanted to make it all from fat quarters. Will that be possible?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

18. Pingback: Craft-A-Little » Blog Archive » priority list

19. Pingback: Craft-A-Little » Blog Archive » quilt #3

20. Pingback: spotted squares… the second time around – Film in the Fridge

21. Pingback: monaco, baby! | Film in the Fridge

Linda says:

do you have a pattern or tutorial for this darling quilt?

23. Pingback: FITF: monaco, baby! | Film in the Fridge