Spring in a quilt?

It’s supposed to be Spring, right? The sad dirty piles of snow still lingering outside our door make me think that’s not so. We had one semi-Spring like day the other day and we spent the day sitting outside exclaiming how nice it was not to have to wear coats, hats and mittens. Sadly, the next day it was once again chilly, windy and rainy, so I decided to pull together some Spring-like fabrics for a quick quilt. If it’s not going to be Spring outdoors, perhaps it can be inside? We’ll see.

meadowplus

I love these pretty florals from Leah Duncan’s new line Meadow, and I found a couple prints from Pat Bravo’s Rapture line that paired quite nicely. I added in a few other basics, and I’m really happy with how it’s looking. I’m thinking of sewing it up into a quick plus quilt for a new little cousin. And until I get it finished, I’ll be admiring it and hoping Spring will come soon!

meadowplus2

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Spring in a quilt?

Malini says:

These are some lovely springy fabrics! Hope Spring comes soon for you.

Karen says:

those are lovely spring like colors. Here in Arkansas it is still struggling to be spring also, one day warm then cold then warm ect.

Annalia says:

I love all of those colors! They are exactly what I had in mind for the baby quilt I just started. Too bad I can’t just read into the computer. ;)

Sarah Helene says:

PRETTY FLORAL & PRINT FABRICS & colors for a quilt. I’m anxious to view the finished quilt soon . . . so please post several photos. TAHNKS for sharing. Sarah in Minneapolis

Cindy says:

Gorgeous fabrics!! Makes me smile looking at them!:)

Gillian says:

The weather’s very undecided this side of the pond too. No snow though. I LOVE those colour choices – not sure I’d be able to let that quilt go….. :)

These are so pretty! I haven’t used my Tule bundle up yet, now I want these also. And Rapture of course. I love all Art Gallery prints :)

Meredithe says:

Yummity, yum, yum, yum!! Definitely looks like spring inside your home……hope it is outside soon too!

Jen says:

So pretty! I am trying to be patient, waiting for spring to arrive. I like to liven things up inside by looking at bright fabrics too!

Lovely Fabrics… I am with you on spring… yesterday 80 – today 4 inches of snow… crazy ;-)

11. Pingback: FITF: Spring plus | Film in the Fridge