happy valentine’s day!

vday3

Happy Valentine’s day! I couldn’t resist making up a little red and pink quilt for the occasion. These solid triangles were some I cut ages ago (I cut a bunch of Kona and Cotton Couture solids in a variety of colors, though I don’t remember now what I was going to make!). I pulled out all the reds, pinks and oranges and had just enough for a baby sized quilt.

vday

My trusty sewing machine seems to be acting up, despite getting it a tune up last week, so quilting it was a challenge, and certainly not my best work (also? I did a pretty poor job basting this one, so perhaps I should blame myself and not the machine!). I hate to think it might be time for a new machine, but seems that may be so. This one certainly has gotten a lot of use!

vdat2

I was a little bummed when I finished it (I had used a big chunk of a favorite Umbrella Prints fabric on the backing, and was sad that the quilt didn’t turn out quite as I had hoped) so I just grabbed the first solid out of my solid bin for binding, which happened to be this acid-y yellow. In the dark last night it was hard to tell if it was an ok choice, but I’m pleased to see in the light of day that it actually gives this little quilt a fun pop of color!

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to happy valentine’s day!

Stephanie says:

I think it’s adorable and if things just can’t work out then it’s best to be done on a baby quilt. Because lets face it, kids are hard on things. My husband says he is going to keep track of all the things they have done to the house and when they have a house, come for a visit and do the same. They laugh but I think he is serious. The quilt is really adorable!!

kay young says:

Your children are the most beautiful ever, and I have grandkids and greats too…Oh quilts are nice too.

Linda says:

Thank you for starting my Valentine’s Day on such a sweet, beautiful way! Love the quilt almost as much as I love those sweet babies…8-)

Carla says:

Fun photo shoot! Cute little people and lovely quilt

Tracy T. says:

Lovely quilt, but it’s awfully hard to focus on it, with so much cuteness on top of it!

Tiffany says:

Your kids are so gorgeous. And I LOVE the binding!

Sarah Helene Seufert says:

CUTE kids and a lovely & colorful baby quilt! I like the triangle pieces sewn together in a random pattern. THANKS for sharing on Valentine’s Day 2014. Sarah Helene in Minneapolis

I was thinking the greeny yellow was a great choice and how clever of you to use it. I think it looks great. And you do have very cute kids.

Kelsey says:

The quilt is beautiful, and I do love the acid yellow binding. I am always amazed at your ability to finish projects so quickly! My sewing machine has been acting up lately as well, and it’s so frustrating when your quilting doesn’t turn out as neat as you like, but I can’t tell on your quilt :)

kathy in MT says:

Love the pink/orange triangles and that yellow binding…..perfect touch. Those eyes on those kiddos – killer!

Susan says:

Adorable. You have some of the most beautiful children I have ever clapped eyes on. Well done.

katie says:

I love triangle quilts, but this color way has been speaking to me lately. Lovely quilt!

iris-b says:

the quilt on the ice! that’s a great idea and a very nice photo.
    i had to look a few times on the other quilt to study it,
    the kids are adorable! who sees the quilt? (-: