a theme?

pinkechino3

What’s that you say? Baby girl is born and suddenly it’s all pink patchwork here, all the time. Sorry about that! There have been a number of patchy quilts in all shades of pink around here, though I think this is the last of them. And actually, this one was made before Hazel was born, and wasn’t even really destined to be her quilt (and still might not be, should someone out there want to give it a new home!).

pinkechino2

I’ve made lots of patchwork quilts using Echino prints in the past, and I always have fun pairing those great prints with other great solids and sewing all the little squares together. The combinations are endless, and each time I think I have a favorite, I make another and find I love that one just a wee bit better than the last.

pinkechinoquilting

I love this one for all it’s great peachy pinky fuchsia goodness, and to top it off, it’s quilted with a great variegated thread in all those same colors.

pinkechino

And with a baby on top? Even better.

I don’t often have quilts to sell, but this is one of a couple that will hopefully be in the shop soon. You can find it here.

pinkechino4

This entry was posted in baby, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to a theme?

Alison says:

Love, love, love the colours in this one.

Míša says:

It is really amazing! I love these colours!

Carla says:

Pink yes, but looks like fall. Just lovely as is your babe

I love these colors – so warm! I’ve been sewing with a lot of pink as well, lately. I think I unconsciously avoided it the last few years, so it’s nice to dive in!

CJ says:

It’s absolutely wonderful. I love those strong colours.

Dominique says:

Great, great colours combination! Love how the unusual mustards and grays make the rich fuchsia and peachy oranges shine! And yet another proof that simple squares make beautiful quilts!

Really beautiful–I love the orange, pink and magenta. It’s really different from the previous quilt with the olive and pale pink. Both are gorgeous and show pink it all it’s wonderful variety.

Fran says:

Such a colourful background for your baby girl. What size are your blocks?