another round of the traveling quilts

tq

This bee has been a lot of fun so far! Each quilt is so unique, and just keeps getting better as each quilt grows. Every time I receive a new quilt, I put all the pieces up on my design wall, which still hangs over our dining room table (I used to sew there, but then moved to the living room, and somehow never got around to moving the design wall). As it turns out, having the design wall there has been kind of fun – Max’s seat at the table faces the design wall and seems to really love seeing the ever changing art. He loved pointing out the airplane Faith added to Monica’s quilt, and this time around he was absolutely in love with the Pac-Man that Monica added to this quilt (Elizabeth‘s).

tq2

Anyway, long story short, I finally took it off the wall so I could add my part (Max was sad, but I thought it was about time I passed it along!). Jacquie had added a great cassette tape, so I started thinking along those lines and decided to play around with some triangles, turning them on their side to look a bit like forward/reverse. I had fun playing with those neons and black and white prints and paired it up with some white space adding three columns to this quilt. And now it’s on its way to John!

tq3

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to another round of the traveling quilts

Donna keating says:

So. lively and graphic.

rosa says:

Wow,It`s absolutely fabulous.Love your design and your fabrics choice!!

Marianne says:

I’m with Max, I just love the addition of the Pac-man characters! This is going to be such an interesting quilt when finished.

Kristal says:

I wondered if this particular quilt would resurface again. I cannot wait to see it finished and it isnt even mine!

debi weaver says:

Really love your color scheme. It is making a beautiful quilt…so fun!

Netta says:

LOVE this quilt. so much fun, I can see why Max would love to look at it. as would any adult;)

Patti says:

I adore this idea and hope to start one of these maybe in a few months. Such a GREAT idea.

8. Pingback: FITF: on the wall… | Film in the Fridge