strip quilt love – a baby flea market fancy version

I sometimes get hung up on a particular type of quilt. In the past there have been many string quilts, and many many patchwork quilts out of all my favorite fabric lines. Currently? Strip quilts. And I think I should apologize ahead of time for the number of strip quilts you may see here coming up. I’ve been a tad obsessed!

This particular one is a favorite, not only because it’s made out of the lovely Flea Market Fancy, but also because of it’s cute little size – perfect for a new baby. (If I had to guess, I’d say it’s about 35″ x 45″ or so – it’s upstairs and I’m downstairs… need I say more?)

I know I said I wasn’t going to make any more quilts for the baby, but I think you should have known that was a lie. A Flea Market Fancy quilt was a necessity. I’m hoping that the baby will embrace a little pink in his life!

I used gray for the backing, along with two pieced sections which were left over from the front. I always like straight line quilting on strip quilts – it creates a nice pattern of horizontal lines on the backing.

I’ll be back soon with another strip quilt!

This entry was posted in baby, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Strip Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to strip quilt love – a baby flea market fancy version

Karen LePage says:

wow, I love this. If anyone can make me forgo garment sewing to take up quilting, it’s you!

Kar says:

I love it! It think its bright and cheery even for a little boy. I’ll have to keep the strip idea in mind for upcoming quilts.

nicole says:

It’s is beautiful. Just keep making them.

Carolyn says:

It is beautiful! That’s going to be one lucky (and warm) baby with all his quilts!

Laura says:

love this! and am inspired to stick with the simple beauty of the strip quilt. Thanks for the reminder!

Darling! I too am becoming addicted to strip quilts. I think it all started when I couldn’t bear to cut up a jelly roll. Love the simplicity and lines of a strip quilt. Keep posting yours. You’re inspiring me to stitch some up!

Megan says:

Simplicity at it’s best! I hope you’re enjoying these last few weeks!

Jenn says:

It is beautiful! I love it!!!

Georgi says:

Love it! Makes me want to run upstairs and start one.

Sarah M says:

I’m sure he’ll like a little pink – it was our next door neighbors’ son’s favorite color until he was about 7. You may also be interested to know that at the end of the 19th century, pink was considered a baby boy’s color, and light blue was a delicate color suitable for baby girls.

mandi says:

must.make.today. I never think to make strip quilts, but they are so lovely.

It is OK to get obsessed. I am obsessed with hourglass blocks. Oh well. Hopefully my readers don’t get sick of it! You don’t have to worry about that, we love seeing everything you make!

Oh P.S. it is OK to have 75 quilts for the babe, he is going to vomit on everything you own so you should cover all surfaces with quilts. That should be your goal.

Beth says:

No apologies necessary! Keep ‘em coming…I love looking at them! I really should just make some myself…

Bernadette says:

This is great. I have been wanting to try strip quilts. This is wonderful inspiration, thank you!

Flying Blind says:

If there a male equivalent to the Princess & the Pea – with quilts instead of mattresses, then I think I know where he’ll be sleeping! Another totally lovely quilt; lucky boy!

Jo says:

Hey, it’s got pink AND blue. Just pretend you made it before you found out :)

Kristen says:

Love it and your little squares on the back! I just made one this last month on my blog. I added big pick stitching to it too. They are so easy to do.

Kim says:

Just gorgeous! No need to apologize for more string quilts — you’re creating what makes you happy, and it really shows in your work. :-)

mamina says:

j’aimerai savoir faire de jolies courtes pointes comme celle là j’adore!!!!!!!!!!!!! merci de me faire rêver loll mamina

Suzanne says:

It’s great that not a bit of the scraps got wasted. They look great on the back.

Amy says:

Just think, if you baby is like my baby (I made several quilts, my friends made quilts, etc.) he will prefer your bath robe. I kid you not! Luckily my bathrobe came with a “blanket.” So my son uses that & “Blankets” that have a similar feel.

Meanwhile, at 2 & 3 months, he just recently warmed up to a real quilt…

Jennifer says:

Oh wow! I have got to find some of that fabric! Your baby is so lucky!!

WendyLou says:

Bring on the strips!! I have two in mind, but I just can’t seem to bite the bullet and go for it. I keep getting hung up on the widths for the strips. So keep posting your strip quilts … they are quite inspiring!!

Laura says:

More strip quilts! I have plans to make one for my daughter so I love seeing the different color combinations and how they change the quilt. I also am getting hung up on the widths for the strips so the more I see the more comfortable I am feeling.

Haley says:

Beautiful, beautiful! Any tips on where to find Flea Market Fancy? I’m itching to make my first quilt and would love to use it as my fabric…

tamar says:

Beautiful! I love those colors and I’m sure the baby will too!

Tonya Albers says:

Oooh – I love the color combo on this – definitely gonna try a strip quilt for a baby now~~ :) Thanks for all of your inspiring quilts!! :)

kimbowest says:

I featured your quilt on my blog today!

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

33. Pingback: Strip Quilts for Daddy and Natasha! | Making Things is Awesome | Quilts | Sewing | DIY

34. Pingback: quilt shout outs. - A girl and a glue gun