gifts from friends

I was so happy to find this absolutely gorgeous potholder in my mailbox recently! I don’t think anything could be better than flea market fancy and hexagons!

fmf-potholder

It was made for me by the extremely talented Chris, of Izzy Inspired. I had a chance to meet Chris in person while I was in California this Spring. We share a love of quilting, Flea Market Fancy, and also a love of hexagons.

fmf-potholder2

And take a closer look at the handstitching – amazing! Not a single visible stitch between those hexagons! (I’m still trying to figure out her technique!)

Thank you ever so much Chris for such a fabulously thoughtful gift! It makes me smile each time I enter the kitchen.

mini-quilt

Now this one isn’t technically a gift, but rather a giveaway win, but I think I’m going to continue thinking it was made just for me! I loved it as soon as I saw this cute little mini quilt over on Krista’s blog, Spotted Stones, and then when I found out she was giving it away, I had my name in the hat in no time! I was thrilled to find that I had won – this little quilt is just fabulous!

bunting-mini-quilt

I can’t wait to find the perfect spot for it on my sewing room wall. It is the perfect first mini quilt for my mini quilt wall! Thanks Krista!

And here’s a quick shot of what I’ve been working on…

summer-clothes

Yay for new summer clothes!

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to gifts from friends

Megan says:

I think I spot a socialite dress in that FFA linen! And I love Chris’s potholder!

woolcat says:

I want to see more of the clothes!!!!

Oh, you lucky thing! Chris’ potholder is fabulous, and I think I’m going to email her about how she sews her hexies together. We are doing hexies in July for the Portland Modern Quilt Guild and I’m studying up on techniques :). And that mini quilt! So simple, but so effective. I fell in love with it too! Congratulations on your win.

Paige says:

That pennant banner mini quilt is darling. So simple, but shows off great fabrics so well!

Nicole says:

Chris is awesome! And she taught me her technique at our last LAMQG sew….you do a straight stitch across the hexes staying as close to the edge as possible and then do another straight stitch in the opposite direction trying to stay in the first stitch holes. Going back and forth evens out the tension and reduces puckers!

Re: Nicole: You mean like a ladder stitch? Those hexes are super cute. Now that I have some FMF scraps–thanks to a very generous person :)–I’m pretty sure they shall become hexes. Thanks, Ashley!

Caroline says:

Potholders! A great way to use up those hexies – great pics – love your new goodies.

I am so glad that you love your potholder!! I was so nervous that you would see all the flaws that I did!!

Kathleen says:

Where do you find the time? I check you out almomst daily and am amazed at all you accomplish. Very jealous.

Audrie says:

Ooh I love when wonderful things appear in my mailbox :)

Wendy says:

I love the colors of the clothes you sewed. Will we get to see more about them?

Terri says:

What great friends you have! I especially love that mini quilt from Krista. Reminds me of kites or party banners waving in the air.

Selina says:

Lucky you! I’d love to see your new clothes please?

WHATUPDUCK says:

Really like that potholder! And that little quilt is awesome!

mini quilt wall!!!! woohoo!!! I bet its going to be great!!!! Every home needs a wall of minis!

Amber says:

What a gorgeous mini quilt! And the potholder is amazing too…and I cannot WAIT to see what you’ve made for yourself!

Lucky you! i love Krista’s pennant mini quilt – I thought it would be great to hang up in the birthday week of everyone in the family, but truth be told, I think it would have to stay up all year, so pretty. I’d also love to see more of those clothes and some pattern recommendations. I’ve had the Schoolhouse Tunic for almost a year now and have not had the nerve to make it!

krista says:

I’m so glad you like the little quilt Ashley! And it’s nice to see such a great photo of it. That potholder is lovely as well. What a great little gift!

19. Pingback: how do you store your fabric scraps? – Film in the Fridge