not my typical colors…

…but kind of fun anyway!

primary-quilt

This is the quilt I’m currently working on, using fabric I forgot I even had! Now would that be a sign of too much fabric or simply poor organization?

(poor organization, most definitely!)

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to not my typical colors…

Whitney says:

oh, i’m so excited! i think i’m in love already!

Julie says:

I can’t wait to see more of the new quilt, is it a string quilt? I love the colors.

Alissa says:

This is no such thing as too much fabric. Looks like it’s gonna be great!

MeganAnne says:

ooo those look so good together. Totally reminds me of summer and county fairs and lemonade stands.

Kelly O. says:

nice colour arrangement, can’t wait to see it full!
    As far as the organization I always figure you’ll find it just when it wants to be found :)

anina says:

Definitely poor organization because you can NEVER have too much fabric.

Audrie says:

I love the cheerful colours!! I just like to think I’m a busy girl when things like that slip my mind hehe!

kerri says:

what happy colors!! it is going to be lovely!

Looks like a good combo!
    Have no fear about ‘typical’ colours. If you look through all your quilts I’m sure you will see tremendous variety.

Doris says:

You definitely need to improve your organization, Ashley! ;->

I tried to email you and invite you to join a quilting bee I plan to host! I am currently a member of Sew Connected 2, led by John, a.k.a Quilt Dad…it is great fun and instead of trying to find another one to join in 2010, I thought I’d take his excellent example and start my own!

We have some great “hip & fresh style” quilters committed, some are already in your blog roll…It would be one block per month, for 12 months, most likely starting in January 2010. Email me with questions, and I hope you’ll join us!

Doris

Too much fabric….HA!

MaLisa says:

I LOVE the colors on that, so bright and happy, and that’s just the sample LOL

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, and you have been a true source of inspiration. I’ve just started quilting and find it so much fun (minus all that math at the beginning of a project LOL). Keep up the great work!

isa says:

To much fabric? not possible!

Sarah says:

Poor organization. Definitely. Cannot ever ever be too much fabric, not when the fabric is good.

Marty says:

Really, can you ever have to much fabric. I was recently going through my own studio and have found over 20 projects in varying degrees of completion. Great colors though. I’m personally on a quest to finish or give away all the projects. Just so I can move on to new fabric. In fact I bought some on my way home today to finish one.
    I’ll chronicle my progress as a proceed.

Jane says:

oooh, i really like those colors. the aqua keeps it from being too primary…nice!

Faith says:

I think that looks like it would make a perfect beach blanket!

Cristin says:

Lovely! I had some fabric stashed away in some plastic boxes and totally forgot about it – kind of a fun surprise to re-discover, wouldn’t you say? Well done, and I can’t see what it looks like finished! Cheers!

staci says:

Most definitely poor organization – there is no such thing as too much fabric!

I can’t wait to see the finished products – the colors are great!

Kyla says:

i love the colors!!! <3 it will be great once its finished. im going to have to go with poor orginization. Though im sure some might say too much fabric. Cant wait

jaybird says:

i like this color combo.. i can’t wait to see what you make!!

Jessica says:

Um, can you have too much fabric? I don’t think so, but I’m trying to find out. It’s kind of like the question of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. “The world may never know.”