the start of my munki munki quilt

I’ve been collecting fabrics for this quilt for some time now… you already know that I’m a huge Heather Ross fan, and for the past several months I’ve been collecting bits and pieces of her munki munki fabrics.

farmers-market-block

I really must blame give credit to Rachel for this, my latest obsession. Many months ago she generously shared a bit of these prints with me, and since then I’ve been kind of addicted to finding other prints (as many of you know, this now involves buying munki munki pajamas in large enough sizes just so I can cut them up and reuse the fabric for something else! sad, really…)

calypso-block

I’m going for a soft, muted color palette for this one – it really does remind me of spring/summer… new grass, clear skies and the sun’s rays… it’s a perfect match for our bedroom color, so I’m hoping I’ll have enough fabric to make it queen sized.

corn-block

These are smaller blocks, so I have many (many!) more to make before I can show you a completed quilt top… so for now, just this peek at a few blocks…

sea-block

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to the start of my munki munki quilt

Raven says:

this is going to be sooooooooo awesome, can’t wait to see it done…….
    Machine question……was it worth the money for the new quilter??? i just tested the pfaff quilt expression and loved how easy it was to free motion

have a great week :)

Audrie says:

They’re so gorgeous!!! I especially love the first block!

Rachel says:

LOL-I did send those initial fabric pieces with the comment that this would cause you to want more of them!! :) I love how you’ve decided to showcase them!!! This quilt is going to be amazing!

Anna F. says:

So pretty! This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

anina says:

Cute!
    It is rather sad that we can’t buy the fabric any more.
    Sad, really sad.

Madison says:

Wow, that’s my kind of color palette! I love your fabric choices. I think this is not going to be just one of your faves, but one of mine, too! :) Can’t wait to see your progress…

Christin B says:

OOh I love it! <3 The tones are fantastic. I can’t wait to see it finished!

Alissa says:

Oh it’s gonna be a goooood one! I can tell already!! And knowing your speed, you’ll be done with the top in a day or two! ha!

wendy says:

Love munki! I just got some pink ice cream trucks and I have poolside as well.

I love that fabric. I hate that it is so hard to get…and that you have gotten me totally obsessed with it!!

Can’t wait to see your quilt.

Needled Mom says:

The fabrics are awesome. I can’t wait to see it finished.

kerri says:

ohhh, i’m loving it already!!! it is going to be amazing for sure!!

Cristin says:

Oh so pretty! love the soft colors…. buying pjs just for the fabric – what else do you have up your sleeve?

Claudia says:

I like the solids mixed in with the prints. So pretty and soft.

Kyla says:

This is going to be an amazing quilt……love the first and last quilts….can’t wait to see it done.

Heather says:

Yeah! for your new shop! Soooo excited for you! xoxoxo

Joan says:

Mmmmmmm. I’m loving it so far. I love the soft colors.

You have combined all of those fabric beautifully

flossyblossy says:

Adorable!! I LOVE wonky blocks.

Alissa says:

Love your color choices! It’s going to be fantastic-like all of your quilts.
    Where do you even find the munki munki fabric?

amandajean says:

i love the soft colors. and congrats on opening up a shop!!

Jette K says:

This looks very promising indeed! :-) Lovely colours and very interesting blocks!
    Jette/ huge fan in Denmark

Doris says:

You wouldn’t have any of that Farmer’s Market fabric to spare, would ya? I’d be more than happy to buy your scrap bag from this quilt! ;->

It’s looking great so far!

Doris

Jenny says:

This is going to be amazing. Thanks for the sneek peak.

erica says:

I’m sure this will be adorable! Looks great so far…

Kara says:

So beautiful! Everything you do has such a great vibe to it. Calming and at the same time very vibrant. I’ve been completely inspired by you…and started my first quilt!

Unfortunately, I do NOT seem to have the same eye for color and placement. I choose a fat quarter pattern (crazy eights) and bought Aspen Wildwood fat quarters.

I just did my first square and it seems extremely busy to me…is there something I can do it remedy this? Could I border the squares in white? Does anyone have suggestions for a quilt newbie? I don’t want a disaster of a first try!

Jenny says:

Please show us more…don’t wait! What size are your blocks? Just beautiful…Im new to Munki, but I like what I see.

Carmen says:

I really love the Munki fabric! Gorgeous quilts…I know it must be terribly hard to part with them.

I have a giveaway on my blog if you’re interested…it’s a knitting project I just finished.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos!

jaybird says:

i like your start!! simple but modern!

willy-nilly says:

Ahhhh…love the blocks. I think sashing will give it some depth.

Tiffany says:

I like how the munki fabrics stand out – they don’t get lost….

Bear says:

This quilt is going to rock. Just wondering if you have any updates on your progress – can’t wait to see more.

35. Pingback: Modern Quilts - munki munki quilt progress – Film In The Fridge