Do you remember this stack of fabrics?
I pulled them out a while ago with the intention of making a baby quilt. They sat (right in that same spot!) for quite some time, until the other day when I decided to go ahead and cut into them. At the last minute I decided I wasn’t loving the red prints, so I replaced the red with orange. I also grabbed several solid blues for the background.
I wasn’t sure exactly how the design would come together. In my mind, I was just thinking about different sized plus blocks on a colorblock background. As I was piecing it though, I kept feeling like it needed a little more, so I added in random strips and little snippets.
This is the bottom 2/3rds of the quilt, so I still have the top portion to finish, but I think I quite like it so far!
And of course it was fun to use a bit of these fabulous Heather Ross gnomes. I think this is the first time I’ve used them in a quilt! (yay me for no longer hoarding them!)
22 Responses to colorblock plus quilt progress