quilting by Stitched in Color!

Did you know that Rachel of Stitched in Color now offers machine quilting services? She kindly reached out to me a while back, offering to quilt one of my quilts for me. And since I have many many quilt tops that are still hanging in my closet, I jumped at the chance to get one finished! (Actually, first I made her nervous by telling her I tend to be picky about quilting tension… nice, right?!)

We settled on this quilt, which is a decent size throw, made out of Heather Ross’s Mendocino line and a bunch of coordinating prints. You can see more of this quilt top here. I packaged it up and sent it off and asked Rachel to let me know what quilting design she thought would work well.

They have a number of quilting designs available, and are happy to add new ones if you don’t see what you’re looking for. Rachel suggested this clamshell triple fan design, and I agreed that it would be nice for this quilt.

I was so impressed by how professionally everything was handled once I mailed off my quilt. I received an email letting me know it had arrived, along with a scheduled date for when it would be quilted. And then before I knew it, I had another email with tracking information because it was already on its way back to me! (Unfortunately, I ended up with the flu and didn’t get out of bed for six days, so despite being anxious to see it, it sat boxed up in the hallway for a while!)

And look! So pretty! It comes packaged in this lovely aqua box, which my kids immediately tried to steal. I think presentation is so important, and Rachel has nailed it, making it a really fun experience to receive your quilt back. And then there’s the quilting – it’s flat and even and I am very pleased with how it looks on this quilt!

A bonus for me was that the quilt also was returned all neatly trimmed and ready for binding. Trimming a quilt is one of my least favorite jobs, so I was really happy to find that this had been done for me!

Do you have quilt tops languishing in your closet? I can tell you it feels good to get them finished. And if you’re like me and feel you’ll never have the time to do the quilting yourself, consider taking a look at Rachel’s quilting services. I know you’ll be happy you did! Click here for a thorough explanation of the process, including how to prepare your quilt.

I’m trying to decide on a good binding, then I’ll be back to show you the entire quilt soon!

_ _ _

*As mentioned, the machine quilting was provided for me by Stitched in Color, though all opinions are my own. I highly recommend this service, and will definitely pay to have additional quilts quilted by Rachel!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to quilting by Stitched in Color!

Gale Bulkley says:

That quilting design really looks great on your quilt.

It was such a pleasure to be a part of finishing this quilt, Ashley! I’m so happy you’re pleased! xoxo

diane says:

LOVE! that design! The quilt is awesome, also. Thanks for sharing!

Marion says:

Such a beautiful design – work of art and really impressive !

Judi Rutherford says:

love the quilt and the quilting! Please not the link in teh last paragraph “Click here for a thorough explanation of the process, ” is giving a 404 page not found error message.

Rosemary B says:

I love this quilt, and I love Rachel’s new passion.
    You really made a lovely quilt, Ashley!

Your quilt is gorgeous and the quilting that Rachel did is perfect. I love all the pics! Thanks for sharing.

Hello,
    I’ve been following you for a looong time! I loved your Mendocino Log Cabin and Rachels’ fabulous quilting treatment of it. I’ve been hanging onto that collection for too long and you have inspired me to get cutting! A question – I’ve searched high and low for a bit of the Flea Market yellow eyelet. It’s the one that I cannot seem to put my hands on. Do you have a source? Having seen yours I can tell that it is NEEDED to pump up the collection. lol
    Thanks so much-
    Jody

synergyducks says:

Thank you so much! Hugs Ashley

mary kozak says:

hi, just found your blog through a pinterest link. i was excited to see you were from burlington. i am across the lake in plattsburgh area.

your quilts are all beautiful. i love your use of bright colors. i got really excited reading through your posts to see a reference to a quilt shop in burlington. then i read that it was now closed. so, where in the area to you go for fabrics. since there are no fabric stores in plattsburgh i have a hard time finding supplies. i can always order online, but i like to see things in person, you know.

i have been to the quilt shop in essex junction a few years back. need to make another trip there. anyway, love seeing your projects. keep up the good work.

11. Pingback: FITF: mendocino! | Film in the Fridge