coming up roses…

cominguproses

One of the good things about moving is that sometimes you come across things long forgotten, like this great bundle of fabrics that I pulled together at the beginning of the year. I often pull fabrics only to return them to the shelves, but I really liked this one and put them all in a box (again, not labeled!) with the hope that they’d someday become a quilt.

cominguproses2

I came across the box while unpacking and decided it should be my next project. I added in a few additional fabrics that fit the look and since then I’ve been sewing together half square triangles whenever I get a free moment.

cominguproses3

My design wall is currently not on the wall, but instead is leaning against the wall right as you walk in the house. It serves a dual purpose of covering up an unattractive corner fireplace and also providing a fun spot of color when you come in the door. These cheery colors are certainly a welcome sight!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to coming up roses…

Loving these colors and I am glad you chose to pick it back up again! Lovely project and can’t wait to see it done!

linda says:

Love all the fabrics! It’s looking interesting so far.. are you placing the HSTs randomly or maybe there’s an overall pattern yet to be revealed?!? LInda

Lynn says:

Pretty! I love HSTs, I have two quilt-fulls in the works. (I’ve read some bloggers say they don’t like them–can you imagine??) And what a perfect–though temporary–place for your design wall, right as you walk in the door 🙂

Susie says:

great fabrics – they would go perfect in a Jen Kingwell quilt.

Colleen says:

You have such a good eye for color and value – all of these really hang together well. I bought some of the new Allison Glass fabric as well and was wondering how well it would play with others because it is such a different concept. But it certainly looks good with what you’ve paired it with.

What pretty colors together! I have not moved in years–I and am almost scared for when that day happens. This quilt will be a beauty!

Barb N says:

Love the scrappy look to it – glad you found it in your move and decision to make it Number One on your To Do List!

Lesley Gilbert says:

I like how, depending on the colour placement, I can see pin wheels, diamonds, zig zag’s – very nice and loving the bright colours 🙂