A Make It Perfect pattern parade!

kaftan2

I was so happy when Toni asked me to be part of her pattern parade to show off some of the great patterns offered by her pattern company, Make It Perfect. I think that her Shearwater Kaftan was one of the first garments I ever made, way back in 2010! I was still new to sewing then, and clothing seemed way out of my league. I somehow stumbled upon Toni’s patterns and was immediately drawn to her Shearwater Kaftan – in fact, I liked it so much I made my version out of the very same Nani Iro shown on the pattern cover!

kaftan3

I remember exclaiming to anyone who would listen that I had made a shirt, and that it had sleeves! Since then I made several more, so when I was asked to select a pattern for the pattern parade, it was a no-brainer to ask for her mini Shearwater Kaftan which was recently released for kids.

kaftan

Once again I reached for the Nani Iro and made up not one, but two (actually three! though the last wasn’t completed in time) cute new summery tops for Hazel.

kaftan4

I love that the mini version so closely resembles the ones I’ve made – cute little slit at the neck, side splits and even sleeve tabs (don’t look too closely at mine – while I did manage to get button holes made, I was unable to find my button stash in time!)

kaftan5

I love how they turned out and look forward to seeing Hazel in them this summer!

Be sure to check the Make It Perfect blog to see all the other participants!

*This pattern was provided to me for free as part of the pattern parade

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A Make It Perfect pattern parade!

Pat S says:

I can’t believe how big Hazel has gotten. She makes an adorable model.

Marion says:

Those caftans are just adorable – so is Hazel !

Lisa C says:

Just adorable — both the tops and the model!

Carol A.J. says:

The outfits are great. My daughter only wore dresses that I made. Hazel is so beautiful. Enjoy her every day.

Great outfits, great design. Look great for the summer.

Such cute outfits. And Hazel is (as always) adorable!

Linda says:

Those little “caftans” are so adorable, and made even more so by that sweet little doll of yours! My computer has been down with a horrible “virus” and I haven’t been able to access any of the blogs I follow since Sunday…so it was so nice to see such a happy picture.

xo Linda

Kristyn says:

I love the photo where Hazel is pointing to herself with an “aren’t I cute” look on her face!

Toni Coward says: