cotton + steel

cottonandsteel
(Rashida Coleman-Hale’s Moonlit & Melody Miller’s Mustang)

I’ve wanted to attend Quilt Market since I started sewing, and now, all these years later, I finally got the chance. It was fun and overwhelming and inspiring, all at the same time. I met so many wonderful people, and even though it would have been nice to have more time to talk, even the little snippets of conversations provided a little picture of many of the people I’ve followed online for so long (many pics in my Instagram feed if you’re interested!).

csmustang

csmustang2

I didn’t do the best job checking out all the booths, but did find myself visiting the Cotton + Steel booth quite a number of times. The ladies of Cotton + Steel truly outdid themselves. It was so fun to see all the excitement surrounding these new lines – 5! plus a great selection of basics, arriving this summer.

csmoonlit2

csmoonlit

I only managed to snag two bundles during Sample Spree, but even with just two lines, I’ve been able to spend quite a bit of time arranging and rearranging these fat quarters into fun little bundles.

cs1

cs3

cs2

I love how the colors in each line coordinate, and when you add in the line of basics…there are just so many possibilities for pulling together your favorites.

cs4

This aqua, navy and yellowy-green combo is a favorite, so I decided to see what else in my stash might coordinate. Perhaps these?

csfabricstack

Then I did the same with these pinks and corals.

csfabricstack2

I realized after the fact that this resembles the colors in the quilt I’m currently working on, as well as the second version of my In Flight quilt I made a few months ago. I’m predictable, I suppose!

csfabricstack3

Anyway, I look forward to adding the other collections (and basics!) to my collection come July. You too? You can pre order these collections now at Westwood Acres or Pink Castle Fabrics.

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to cotton + steel

Sarah Helene says:

SHARP PHOTOS of the new collections of quilting fabrics you purchased at QUILT MARKET recently. Grouping of aqua, navy & yellowy-green plus another of corals, lavender, pinks & olive green — all FAB hues in a variety of prints & solids. I’m curious to “see” your design and new quilt projects when you post photos on your blog. THANKS for sharing. Sarah in Minneapolis

Carla says:

Just gorgeous! So looking forward to July : ) I’m anxious to get sewing with these

Kari says:

I want to get to market someday too! I am in love with these fabrics. I have to have them. I think I better start carving out a space in my stash for Cotton + Steel prints because I can think of about a million ways I’d love to use those prints!

Lisa D. says:

Love seeing a closer look at the C+S fabrics and your stash pull for coordinates is awesome!

Goodness! Your lovely photographs have totally captivated me…such beautiful fabrics!

terri henderson says:

i joined the cotton and steel fabric club this afternoon while i was at work. i was afraid to wait

rosa says:

Wow, anyone is yummiest!!

Marianne says:

Beautiful fabric! How does one get to go to quilt market that is not open to the public? Do you need a sponsor? Do tell!

I certainly followed along all the pictures from IG last week! I love going to market. Wish I could have attended this one and met you!Anyway, I’m in love with the arrow print. Is that from the Mustang line? I’m for sure preordering the basics, but now I might have to add Mustang.

Tamara says:

Beautiful lines and thank you for highlighting them! I do have a question…in the last picture of this post, there is a yellowish fabric with white polka dots. Do you have the name for that fabric? I had some of this and it is one of my absolute favorite fabrics (it seems to go with everything!) but sadly didn’t keep the info. If you can help, I’d be forever grateful!

Wens says:

Ooh your photos are the best I’ve seen of the collections so far. Lovely. I really like the look of the basics they’ve done too. I’d love to go to quilt market sometime too! I’ll get there at some point :)

12. Pingback: FITF: flying mustangs | Film in the Fridge

I like the fabric and the print on the same is very reliable as well. I must say this is such a fine post for the various individuals who want to get along with the various reliabilities are very good and a must known to various people as well.