flax plus quilt

flaxplusquilt2

I quilted something! Thanks to extra hands to hold a baby and entertain a 2 year old, I found a bit of time to quilt this little quilt.

flaxplusquilt3

I really love both this color scheme as well as the beautiful hand printed fabrics from Bookhou. And I do always love a plus quilt! You can read more about the making of this quilt in this post.

flaxplusquiltback

The backing is made up of a few of the left over solids, and as luck would have it, I had a nice sized piece of that great Violet Craft bird print sitting on my cutting table left over from the Washi tunic I made recently. Even though I typically like to use fabrics on the back that were included in the quilt top, the color went so well that I had to go for it.

flaxplus

I love seeing those great little pieces of printed fabrics amidst the bold solids and the linen background. After spending so much time admiring these fabrics online, it was certainly fun to finally get a chance to sew with them!

I used one fabric pack to make this quilt. Fabric packs are once again available here at Bookhou!
This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to flax plus quilt

Perfect for fall…love the richness of the linens.

Penny G says:

I love plus quilts too. I made my first quilt to keep (after 40 for friends) last year and it was a plus quilt. Now I spend more time, thought and skill to aspire to be like you and other role models who make such beautiful quilts. You have such a great eye for color and composition – an artistic level I will never achieve – that I am in awe. Keep making such fantastic quilts. And continue to update on your wonderful children – I love seeing them especially when they photobomb your quilt shoots.

Phiona says:

This is beautiful Ashley! xx

Carol says:

I love the quilt, and Max is adorable. I hope it was planned and not a photo bomb :)

Ann says:

Bookhou is relatively close to me, an hour away. I do think I will have to make the effort to drive from country to big city and check it out. It has been on my to do list for far too long. After seeing this quilt I know the journey is going to come sooner rather than later. Another wonderful finish Ashley. But where are the baby pix?

CJ says:

Beautiful Ashley, I do so love the colours. And as ever you have found the perfect place to photograph it.

Gillian says:

Love the quilt, LOVE the fabrics. I’m in awe that you’ve made this with a very young baby and an energetic toddler. Max is adorable :)

kitty says:

Beautiful!! Great disposition of colors!!! A beauty, like the little cutie next to it!

rosa says:

It looks fantastic and love your fabrics choice.Great job!!

This quilt turned out beautifully–it reminds me a little of Denyse Schmidt’s kimono quilts. Great photo, too! Love your very cute helper peeking out!

Cindy says:

Love it! Love the colors and little Max is too cute!:)

Tracy says:

You put together the loveliest fabric combinations. I honestly think you could have a side business either putting together quilt kits, or helping people coordinate fabrics. Beautiful quilt, as always.

Love the colors,such a cute little quilt!

Christina says:

This is a classy and soothing color scheme, and I agree your composition is great! I do love the texture that linen provides. So glad you’re still getting time to work with the little ones. I know that’s something I tend to struggle with.

arounna says:

thanks Ashley!!
    that quilt is so perfect and lovely!!

16. Pingback: FITF: two months | Film in the Fridge

What a great quilt! I posted a link on my Facebook page!

18. Pingback: Sewing Trends with Rachael | Sew Mama Sew |