in the works…

libertychurndash2

Churn dash blocks, all out of lovely Liberty of London fabrics.

libertychurndash

As usual, I didn’t spend too much time thinking about how much fabric I’d need for this quilt, so the sewing is on hold while I wait for a few more Liberty prints in various shades of blue. Hopefully today!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to in the works…

mjb says:

This is going to be beautiful!

judy says:

Liberty, Liberty, Liberty…you can’t go wrong with Liberty of London fabric. It’s a long way from Texas!

Sarah Schraw says:

How darling! I can see this quilt layering well in a room.

Lori Hudson says:

I love your blocks and the Liberty fabrics. Beautiful.

jody says:

Liberty cottons ,,,, ahhh. They are silky and smooth and timeless. I made a quilt 40 years ago and used several liberty pieces – today theya re the very ones that have held up well. Yours will be DIVINE!!

Dana Harris says:

At first look I thought, Wow great fabric. Then I was, simple blocks with Great fabric!

Jennifer says:

Wow- I’m in love already! Where do you find the liberty of london fabrics?

CJ says:

Lovely. I made my littlest boy a blue and white quilt (his choice) a while back, and we all love it, it always looks fresh and clean.

Jenny says:

this will be beautiful.

Rineke says:

Love these blocks!!

Karen H says:

Lovely blocks – so crisp and clean! :) This will make a beautiful quilt!

Karina Kayes says:

I thought I was the only one who started quilts without much thought for how much fabric I would need. This is going to be scrumptious.

Sue M. says:

The blocks are beautiful! What are the measurements for your blocks? I would love to do this design.

Cathy says:

Churn dash is one of my favourite tradional blocks – a happy block – and your liberty blues with the white are classic.

Love it

Karen H says:

This is one of my favourite blocks – simple traditional blocks are so pretty and they make me to get sewing. I love the blue and white combo – so fresh and crisp! I can visualize the finished quilt on a bed on a bed….very inviting! Will you set the blocks on point or square? I can’t wait to see the finished quilt top so I hope the rest of your fabric arrives soon!

I just purchased my first Liberty of London lawn. I also picked up some beautiful blue fabrics in cotton. The shipping was $5.00 flat rate so I was happy with that. The fabric seemed cheaper than buying it from a shop on Etsy. My new favorite on-line shop in England is jonesandvandermeer.com.

Marsha Loewenberg says:

This will be lovely — as usual! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

that’s what i want on my next quilt for our bed. churn dash’s

21. Pingback: FITF: a liberty of london churn dash | Film in the Fridge

It is going to be beautiful. Love the Liberty prints.

kalle says:

what type of fabric did you use for the white/solid? thanks!