brightly colored butterflies

brightbutterflies4

Still loving this combo of low volume prints paired with vibrantly colored prints! This is a remake of my Flying Farfalle quilt I made years ago, and I think it’s fun to see the two different looks.

brightbutterflies2

I love how the vibrant butterflies pop on the low volume backgrounds, especially from afar, and I love how those background fabrics provide lots of extra interest and depth to the quilt.

brightbutterflies

I kept the quilting simple – two straight lines running diagonally through the blocks and through each ‘butterfly’.

brightbutterflies3

The backing is mostly a lovely soft cotton couture pink solid, along with a strip of those low volume leftovers and it’s bound with a Lizzy House jewel print in pink.

brightbutterflies5

This one will be another that will be for sale in June during Nido’s artist pop up!

brightbutterflies6

(My awesome helpers!)

A previous post about this quilt can be found here.
This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Liberated Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to brightly colored butterflies

Cndy says:

I just L.O.V.E. this quilt! Makes me smile just looking at it! And yes, you have awesome helpers!:)

Whitney says:

I love everything about this post! And as always just wish the quilt was larger so I could justify purchasing! Nido is going to be especially beautiful during the month of June :)

Sarah says:

This quilt is beautiful! Can I ask what kind of batting you used? Your quilts always have a certain “look” when they are finished, which I love!

Carla says:

This looks so soft and cuddly. I like the simple quilting too.

Phiona says:

I agree, nido is going to look quite good in June! Looking forward to it Ashley.

xx

karen says:

Very sweet and cozy looking. I love the minimal quilting you did on this, it gives it a very soft and vintage like feel!

Tanis says:

Beautiful! The combination of brights and soft prints is perfect.

Amy says:

I like all of your stuff, but I love this!

I just adore this fabric, been thinking about it since the orginal post. a real Beauty……….