warm hearts mini quilts

After seeing Rita’s beautiful Headliner Text quilt, which uses some of the new Umbrella Prints fabrics for the center of each block, I was reminded that I had purchased a trimmings pack from Umbrella Prints. I won’t say how long ago that was, but let’s just say that I was really thrilled that I was able to even find it after all this time!

I love the hearts as the center of the block, and since I found two pieces of the heart print in my scrap package, I decided to make up two mini quilts based around that heart print. I pulled some warmer solids to go with these tan hearts and went with an off-centered square in square design. There were a few other little trimmings in similar colors, so they got added in here and there. I particularly love that little text print in the white section – each time I glance at it it reminds me of a signature on a piece of art.

And then I made up this second one, in mostly cooler solids. I wish I had had a bigger piece of the red hearts, but at the same time it was fun to be limited by the pieces I had. And of course it’s always fun to be able to use, and even base a quilt around, little scraps.

I think I may try some circular quilting on these, since I love the look and haven’t yet tried it, and then I think these two minis shall find a nice home on our walls!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to warm hearts mini quilts

Mary ann says:

Love these two minis, they have so much style!

Shannon says:

Ooooh! I love these!!! I really need to do another red and aqua thingamabob soon…that color combo never gets old for me!

Cille says:

Lovely blocks. I really, really like them.

EG says:

They do warm my heart – I love them! I just got some tiny pieces of Heather Ross and this reminds me that you can feature small pieces of fabric in a useful way.

janet clare says:

lovely! I particularly like the orange border.

Sharon says:

I love coming here and looking at all your quilt ideas. I found you through Pinterest. Quilting is new to me, but if you have time stop by my blog and see my “sunshine” quilt. Very simple big pieces, but I call it a quilt nonetheless. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

brenda says:

thanks for the inspiration! i made a stroller quilt for our newest family addition, Leo (born this morning!) using the block idea!

9. Pingback: FITF: I heart my local quilt shop! | Film in the Fridge

10. Pingback: FITF: a little piece of my heart – Umbrella Prints wall hangings | Film in the Fridge

11. Pingback: FITF: my trimmings… | Film in the Fridge