I heart my local quilt shop!

nido

Today is visit your local quilt shop day, and this week I’ve enjoyed seeing many posts showing photos of local shops (since I’ll never have a chance to visit most of them, it’s nice to get a little peek, even just in photos). I thought I should tell you about my favorite local quilt shop, Nido, located in Burlington, VT.

nido2

Nido is located in downtown Burlington, in a wonderful second floor space with exposed bricks and large windows. Phiona, the lovely owner, has added many beautiful antiques to the space, making it warm and welcoming. And of course then there’s the fabric (oh, there’s great yarn too, but you know I visit for the fabric)!

nido5

Despite being a small space, there’s quite a lot of variety in fabrics, and I always walk away with something I didn’t even come in for. Phiona has you covered should you need solids, prints from the latest collections, Japanese prints, Liberty of London fabrics, or even unique hand printed fabrics.

nido3

I couldn’t stop in today, but I did head down on Tuesday (close enough, right?) to pick up some laminated fabric for under Max’s chair. I snagged a great Echino laminated print, and as a bonus, it was 40% off. Then, while taking a walk around the shop, I discovered a basket of Umbrella Prints trimmings, and couldn’t resist adding a couple packs to my order. (I love Umbrella Prints – have used pieces in these mini quilts – but dislike the shipping costs from Australia, so I was especially pleased to be able to buy these packets locally!)

nido4

I hope that if you have a chance to visit Burlington that you’ll stop by Nido! Maybe I’ll see you there!

Oh, and Nido also has an online shop, in case you’re not in the area! Use discount code WINTER2013 for 15% off your order.

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I heart my local quilt shop!

Shannon says:

Oh! I was just in Burlington last weekend. I should have scoped out some local shops while I was in the area. I’ll have to venture back when I am sans kids and husband.

Caitlin T. says:

I love Nido! If only they sold the Trimmings packs online, too!

Ali M says:

No! Somehow I missed that shop when I was in VT last autumn, that’s too bad but I won’t make the same mistake next time!

Denise says:

OH What a beautiful shop..I must shop online. Is that top in the last picture TOVA?

sternwerfer says:

How lucky you are to have this kind of quiltshops in your neighbourhood. We do have 1(!) in Munich! Now I’ve heard, that the international postal costs will be several dollars more? I really envy you!

Cindy says:

I was lucky enough to visit this wonderful shop a few summers ago when we were on vacation. I only knew about it because of your blog and was glad I stopped. It’s just as warm and inviting as your pictures! I was also hoping to run into you, Ashley but it didn’t happen- maybe next time. Your pictures brought back nice memories of visiting Burlington- thanks for sharing!:)

ooooh… thanks for telling us about this, I will be going there this summer!

Jane says:

what a lovely local store! I giggled at your mention of the shipping costs from australia, I live in australia and am often frustrated at the shipping costs to here from the rest of the world! I know we’re far away, but it’s not THAT far!

Ooo the shop looks great, I especially love the exposed brick!!

Ashley … do you know who/what/where/when that great looking shirt pattern is from your last pic? I tried looking for it on their site and couldn’t find it, I would love your help, I am kind of obsessed with it right now!!

Thanks :)