my trimmings…

Last year I had the wonderful opportunity to be a judge for the Umbrella Prints Trimmings competition – this year I thought it would be fun to try my hand at making up a little something out of one of their trimmings packets. It seems like a fun challenge to see what you can make out of a certain number of little pieces.

umbrellaprintstrimmings

I picked their warm bundle – Earth – and here’s what I received. Pretty, right?

This weekend I pulled out some coordinating solids – seems I reach for these quite often! I even used similar colors in a couple mini quilts using a few Umbrella Prints snippets.

solids
(please excuse the poor iphone photo!)

I don’t have a definite plan in mind yet, but hopefully something fun will come to me!

[Today's post was actually supposed to be about my newly finished 2013 sampler quilt, which actually features the Floating World prints from Umbrella Prints. However the rainy weekend and a toddler who seemed insistent on throwing a tantrum about everything (will someone please tell me that the tantrums and moodiness will end sometime soon? please?) foiled my plans to get photos. Hopefully tomorrow. It seems like it's been a while since there's been a finished quilt on this here blog!]

By the way, there's still time to buy a Trimmings packet and enter the competition! You can find all the rules and info in this post .
This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to my trimmings…

ann says:

If YOU’re throwing your hat in the ring, mere mortals like me don’t stand a chance!

Kelly Wilson says:

Unfortunately, I believe the tantrums end around the age of 21 or so. No, that isn’t months. Sorry – the weather is probably causing sinus trouble. Mine are barometers.

Adrienne Wilson says:

Probably teething, sore sore gums, ears aching. I’d probably feel like tossing a tantrum too with all that going on.

Freddie says:

Still waiting for tantrums to stop. My mother assures me it gets better at around 18 when you pack them of to university.

Linda says:

One of my boys used to throw such tantrums that he would get down on his hands and knees and bang his head on the floor and sometimes hold his breath. He stopped the head banging when we moved to a place with concrete floors. The first time he did it he almost knocked himself out! Of course, the tantrums continued. He’s 47 now and is probably my smartest child, but he’s still moody and, dare I say it…..weird! The trimmings look great. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

xo Linda

Daisy says:

We’re heading towards toddler tantrum stage ourselves – do share what you learn that works! Your Umbrella Prints projects are always so inspiring; I’m excited to see what you make next!

Lisa E says:

I have two girls – 15 and 17. There are still moody and throwing tantrums! I have heard it goes away when they finish college.

Linda says:

Sometimes it doesn’t truly go away until they have kids of their own and realize how awful they were…..lol.

Hi Ashley! So lovely to have you in our comp again this year as a participant woohoo! Will you be entering the Quilter’s section do you think? xox

Alisa says:

No kids is perfect so you’ll never be ‘in the clear’ but I did notice with my 5th (who was/is a difficult child) that this past year (he’s 5 now) has been much better. Make sure boys get lots of exercise and outside time – that really seems to help!

11. Pingback: FITF: 2014 Umbrella Prints Trimmings Competition | Film in the Fridge