a bee quilt

So, my month for this quilting bee was April of 2010. It’s about time I got these blocks sewn together into a quilt top, right?!

I think my month snuck up on me, so I opted for a perennial favorite – blocks in the style of Denyse Schmidt’s Drunk Love in a Log Cabin (and yes, I had members of the Block Party quilting bee make similar blocks – love them!).

I had a piece of a great purple floral print that I asked each member to include somewhere in their block. The greens, purples and grays were all pulled from that print. Looking at it now, I really love how light and springy this one turned out!

Thank you to all the members of Bee Imaginative for these gorgeous blocks!

_ _ _

Thanks for all your wonderful comments about my crazy unfinished quilt problem! I should let you know that even though I’ve been tempted to start on a new quilt, each time I’ve made myself stop and do something towards finishing that pile of quilts. I have a backing made, 2 are now basted, a bit of fabric has been ordered for backings, and I’ve been poring over Angela’s new book for quilting inspiration. Hopefully a few finished quilts will start showing up here soon!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to a bee quilt

Suzanne says:

This quilt is full of promise and evokes a new life feeling for me. Must be those cheerful, bright colors!

Margarida says:

This looks gorgeous.
    I love the colours -I don’t know why but I have a crush on gray with other colours…

Franziska says:

I like the quilt top. The colours work together wonderfully.

Jenny says:

You know how exasperated Grover is when he says, “You turned another page!!!!”? Well, that was the voice inside my head when I learned you had made ANOTHER QUILT TOP!!!! And yet it is as beautiful as all the rest in your tall, tall stack.

Kaaren Babb says:

I love this. Between scrappy and modern this is a “winner, winner, chicken dinner”.

sewkatiedid says:

These are my favorite colors together. I have an unfinished that this inspires me to pull out.

Marilyn says:

How beautiful all of those quilt tops are! I love your blog and those of your fellow quilters, all amazing work.
    I often wonder though…..quilting fabric is beautiful and I love it, but it’s so expensive! How can folk afford to have such huge stashes of fabric. Yes, they are collected over time, I know. Nevertheless, does anyone else agree that quilting is an expensive endeavour?
    My stash is small and my recycling efforts are paying off.
    Thanks for inspiring my quilt making!

Claire Jain says:

Beautiful quilt :-) It seems like springtime to me!

9. Pingback: FITF: taking stock… | Film in the Fridge