Springtime Tovas in Liberty!

It’s no secret that I’m in love with the Wiksten Tova top. I made several last year, and now that Spring is around the corner, I felt the urge to add a couple more to my collection (I really don’t think there’s such a thing as too many Tovas, do you?).

When Fabric.com first started selling Liberty fabric, I snagged some of the Mirabelle print, which is a favorite of mine. It sat for many, many months and then I saw Karyn make the same top in a different colorway of this print and I knew I had to get my act together and make mine.

I absolutely love it in the Liberty fabric, so much so that I made up a second in another favorite Liberty print (purchased here at nido). And now I feel ready for Spring (and just in time it seems… the weather is feeling decidedly Spring-like these days!)
_ _ _

And have you seen? Jenny Gordy of Wiksten has now made both the Tova and Wiksten tank patterns available as PDF downloads, which means you can now buy them for a third of the price of the paper pattern, providing you’re willing to print and tape together your pattern. As I mentioned previously, the price is what made me hesitate for so long before buying the Tova pattern, so I’m quite happy to now have the option of the PDF pattern. (And indeed, I wasted no time in purchasing and making a couple of the Wiksten tanks too!)

_ _ _
P.S. Also, Kerry at verykerryberry is hosting a Tova sew-along, so if you want company while you sew your Tova, head on over there!

This entry was posted in Clothing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Springtime Tovas in Liberty!

Suzanne says:

Those look very becoming on you!

Kerry says:

Gorgeous! Of course anything made with Liberty would be. Did you need to line them?

Kerry says:

Linda says:

They look so comfortable! And you look great in them. I wish the pattern came in my size…..8-(

xo Linda

I am starting a Tova sew a long- Liberty was in my list of fabrics to mention as suitable for Tova, yours looks wonderful-so floaty and pretty. Now the downloads are available I am so pleased to make one at last!

Freddie says:

I love liberty fabrics. When I was little my mother used to take me to Liberty in Regent Street. The joy of being allowed to choose from those fabulous fabrics.

OMG!! I want a Mirabelle one!!! Out of all the versions you have, the Liberty versions look the best. Maybe it’s the drape of the fabric?

Megan says:

Oh how I love Mirabelle! I’m cutting Nani Iro for my first Tova – I think it’s the same print you have – and have some of the Liberty Toria print in brown for a second! So excited to join the Tova club!

Pam C says:

I would love to make one of these but I am pretty large busted. Have you seen these on bigger busted women? I am afraid I would look pregnant in this. You look great in yours!

Marianne says:

Have you seen the new Lisette fabric that Joann is carrying? It would look great in thus top. http://www.sewlisette.com/blog/2011/03/all-lisette-fabrics-on-sale-at-joann-com/

Love those polka dots. One day I wish to make a quilt with just polka dots of all kinds.

Kym says:

Pam C, I am wondering the same thing. Looking at the measurements, I am a XL bust & M hips, (very annoying!). I’m planning to taper the sides so it won’t be as full & definitely make a sample first. Someone mentioned there are small seam allowances so I will cut it a bit bigger & take it in if needed.

This blog has tips on drafting/changing patterns.

• 13
      Angela says:

That’s my problem too! AFraid I’m too busty for this style without some accommodations and I’m not sure my sewing skills are up to the task. Kym, if you made one, i would love to see how it came out!

Colleen Kiley says:

HI Ashley!

Do you sell these?! I would TOTALLY purchase these shirts from you!

14. Pingback: Ich näh mir was – Teil 1 | Gestern, Morgen und Heute