the next quilt?

Yes, I do have quilts to finish, but I couldn’t let that stop me from pulling fabrics for the next one! I’ve been wanting to make a quilt out of these kinds of colors for a long time (inspired of course by Malka’s lovely Strips & Bricks quilt). I’m hoping mine will have that same sort of feel, though I’ll still be happy even if it’s only half as nice! Those piles themselves make me happy, so we’re off to a good start!

_ _ _

Thanks for all the love for my triangle quilt! Many of you asked for a tutorial, so I’ll do my best to put one together. We’re all a bit sleep-deprived over here though, so it may take me a bit…

And speaking of the one who’s keeping us up at night -

He’s started a few solids, and seems to love them. He’s big on bananas and applesauce… peas and carrots, not so much!

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to the next quilt?

randi says:

what a great stack of possibilities! :)

Nancy says:

Love the stripes and bricks.

KellyS says:

That is one gorgeous stack of fabric! I can’t wait to see what you may come up with. Good luck with the little one. My boys did well with squash and sweet potatoes… I hated both, but they ate it.

Amy says:

Babies sweet receptors are stronger, once they get a taste for sweet fruit, they will “never” eat veggies…

Jenny says:

That stack reminds me on Rita’s milk and cookies quilt too. I love it. If you ever feel like saying more about how you select fabrics, I will be listening! P.S. That baby is adorable, and I am sure he is hard to resist, but I’m with Amy. You’d better put down the fruits for a while!

Abbey says:

I LOVE those colors! I am doing a quilt in the exact same color scheme for our nursery… We have twins, boy and girl on the way, and that is the boy’s colors. The girls are the same except switching out the turquiose for bright purples!!! I only wish I had a fabric stash like that instead of having to hunt down fabrics!!

heather says:

OOOOhhh… that Max is a cutie pa-tootie! i wanta see pics of him eating those peas though! hahaha!!

x, H

Lianne says:

What a handsom little man! Love the fabric choices. They feel fresh but quite seasonal still.

Katharine says:

What a cutie! I can totally relate to preferring bananas and applesauce to peas and carrots! If it makes you feel better, my LO was the exact same way when we first started solids, but now (at the ripe old age of 15 months) will occasionally down a bowl of broccoli! He still loves the sweets, but we keep offering the veggies and every once in a while he decides to love them! Good luck on the sleep…we are still working on that one! Cheers!

Annalia says:

…because baby food vegis are yucky!

Beautiful colors!

Freddie says:

Love the fabrics.

It could be the texture of the peas. My Dutch husband loves pea soup, so I made it for him. The daughters and I were not so sure. In fact one of the little darlings asked me to never ever make the “horrible lumpy, bumpy soup again.”

Lou says:

Sleep comes always first!!! Although I’ll stay tuned to see how your new quilt turns out…

Kate Erbach says:

I admire your eye for choosing fabrics. I love the mix of shapes, patterns and solids.

Lindsay F says:

Those fabrics make my heart sing.

That’ll make a gorgeous quilt for sure!! Good luck with the solids. It can take lots of tries before babes realize what they like. Sweet potatoes were a big hit with my two for sure.

YC says:

That OXO spoon is my favorite! Tiny AND holds a lot of mush without spilling. My LO hated peas too, but liked carrots and sweet potatoes. Wasn’t so big on butternut squash, either. He’s at 14.5mo now, and will actively grab stirfried and raw veggies from your plate. Oh, and tha banana obsession will go away, so enjoy it while you can ;)

Linda S says:

Try smashed avocado for Max–it was my son’s very favorite early solid, and I always believed that the extra calories in the fats helped him sleep longer ;)

Beth says:

That is such a lovely pile…can’t wait to see the quilt! And Max is just too cute! Hope you get some rest tonight :)
    Smiles~Beth

Jeannette says:

I second the avocado and sweet potatoes. And maybe he’s just like my two… not that crazy about baby food veggies, but the real deal is good stuff.

Sandy says:

My little man was the same way until I started putting a little unsweetened applesauce (you can always just buy the regular stuff), and added it to the veggies. Then, we didn’t have much trouble. Can’t wait to see the new quilt. I love all the patterns.

LeAnn says:

Beautiful fabrics!! And I always love photos of your cute little Max.

23. Pingback: FITF: baby hoot! | Film in the Fridge