lounge pants

At this point in pregnancy, I’m very much against wearing real pants. Luckily my real job allows me to work from home where sweatpants are perfectly acceptable. (Though there are those times when I have to leave the house, and lately I’ve come to really resent having to put on jeans!)

My sweet friend, Phiona, knowing this, made me a fabulous pair of pajama/lounge pants recently. They’re super comfortable, with a great smocked waist, and of course, in a great fun fabric!

I wore them for days after receiving them, and then convinced Phiona to let me use her pattern to make up a second pair for a little variety. (Unfortunately, for those who might ask, there’s no pattern at the moment. Phiona created her own pattern based on a pair of her favorite pajamas from Anthropologie)

(31 weeks. Very fashionable, right?!)

Well, now you know what I’ll be sporting all weekend!

This entry was posted in Clothing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to lounge pants

Lauren says:

Cute pants! I really like the Amy Butler ones!

these look comfy for even non pregnant folks. so cute!

Penny g says:

At least they make you comfortable. The fabric is beautiful. In pregnancy to have those 2 combined is rare unless you have unlimited resources. I have never understood why many maternity clothes are so very expensive.

Chris says:

Awesome! They look comfy AND stylish :-)

Kathy says:

Ashley….Of Course! Just don’t go outside…

Crystal says:

They’re adorable! I remember that stage in late pregnancy where all I felt like I did all day was hike up my falling-down pants.

Amy says:

Look at your baby bump! You’re so cute! Those pants look waaaay too comfortable- I think I may need to make some for myself out of soft jersey. What a great friend!

Jo says:

I’ve just been fiddling about with a pattern to make some post natal lounge pants – I remember wearing the same pair of boring old pyjama pants for days on end at one stage, as nothing else was comfortable!

Just realised we must be due at exactly the same time – I’m 31 weeks tomorrow :)

Alexis says:

Those are awesome! Your outfit looks just like mine right now only my pants are red and turquoise plaid. And I don’t have a cute baby belly!

kelly jo says:

Super adorable and cute! I work from home as well, and am 26 weeks pregnant, so these might be added to the “figure out how to make right away” pile!

Micki says:

Those look heavenly! I wish I’d had some during my childbearing stage. Not that it was that long ago – I’m thinking I may need some for this “lose the baby weight” stage too.

Your baby bump looks adorable too :)

Annalia says:

Very cute and comfy-looking. Hey, you don’t want to squeeze that baby into jeans…it’s too mean!

Those are just super adorable and I believe my next task will be pants…. thanks for the great idea and YAY to having such a wonderful friend!! And YAY on the baby bump!!!

Those are the best!!!…and you are looking FABULOUS.

Beth says:

Adorable (and so comfy!). My pregnant sister sure would love me if I made her a pair. Maybe I will try my hand at making a pair :) Thanks for the idea!

Ana says:

Your trousers look great.
    My under-bump maternity jeans were a godsend until about week 30 when I started to spend too much time pulling them up after my bump had pushed them down (especially after sitting). Now at week 37, I’m living in a pair of cords that make me look like Humpty Dumpty but are the only thing that fit comfortably. It’s too late to start sewing, but if I have another child I shall definitely make lounge pants – in a fine wool or cord I could probably get away with them for work too.

jan says:

Very cute….and please don’t trip! They look so long to me. Love the baby bump!

I love Anthropologies, my fav shop :)

Heck yeah, that’s fashionable! We don’t have anything that nice in my designer maternity boutique!

Emmmylizzzy says:

Okay, I’m not pregnant anymore, but I would totally wear these all the time!

Amy says:

I reckon you ask her to make some out of linen or denim (with a cotton waistband) so that you don’t have to put on your jeans! your bump is gorgeous by the way, so very envious of it!

April says:

I’m 31 weeks, too! But you look way more fashionable than I do these days. Even in your super fly lounge pants. :)

Molly says:

Way to stay comfortable and cute at the same time. Nice to have a little built-in heater for the winter months. How nice that you work from home.

Genevieve says:

Those are so beautiful and comfy looking!

You are one week ahead of my sis! Your baby bump is SO cute!

Genevieve

Kim says:

I understand the appeal of these pants! They are super cute and I love your belly shot. You are so close . . . So excited!

lauradodson says:

ohmygoodness aren’t you preggers!!! how exciting….

and the pants are adorable, too.

Courtney says:

ohmygoodness! I MUST have that pattern! <3

Rob says:

Love, love, love these!!! I have never smocked before. I am now searching for a tutorial I have to have a pair!!!!!

Lauren B says:

Make us the pattern!!! These are gorgeous pants!

Chelsea says:

Hah! My husband was not stoked when I reached the “only-lounge-pants-please” stage. Maybe because I rotated 3 pairs of black leggings (Prudent Advice is coming to mind…) for the last month or so. Next baby, I’ll something fancy like these!

Cammy says:

You are rocking the bump! Must have a pattern :)

Brenda says:

Those are nicer than the pregnancy “loungey” pants I wore which were just men’s pajama bottoms. I’d make them for me just for around the house pants now!

jamie says:

um, perhaps you could convince ms. phiona to make a tutorial or pattern. i’m 30 weeks along myself and those pants look sooo wonderfully comfortable! i would never have thought to put smocking & lounge pants together. love it!

Shannon says:

You look so cute!! Congratulations on the pregnancy!

jody says:

Love the pants, love the belly!!!:)