a flea market fancy quilt for some lucky baby

I guess I should wait to show you this finished quilt so I don’t have back to back posts about the same quilt, but… it’s finished, and I think it’s pretty darn cute, and well, I just can’t not post about it!

As mentioned the other day, I used my favorite Flea Market Fancy line for this cute little patchwork baby quilt. While I’m sad to see my stash diminishing, I’m happy to be using it. I’ve hung on to it for a very long time, just looking at it, and now I’m going to try to make an effort to actually sew with it more often!

For the backing, I used a Moda Bella solid in a great darker turquoise along with a fun pieced improv block I made up out of some of the fabric scraps.

It’s quilted (predictably!) in my favorite straight lines on the diagonal, alternating a single line with a double quilt line, and bound in chocolate brown. It measures about 36″ x 42″, and is now in the shop, (sold, thanks Traci!) and hopefully it will go to some lucky little baby!

This entry was posted in 2010 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to a flea market fancy quilt for some lucky baby

Erin Kellogg says:

The whole quilt is beautiful. I have deep love for the quilting you used.

Oh my gosh, I love this! The fabric prints are adorable and everything goes so well together!

Ellen says:

Beautiful! Love the backing too!!

Beautiful! Your fabric choice is always superb! Love it!

Kar says:

I don’t mind looking at it again. It’s very pretty! I love the back also with the scrap square thrown in there.

Terri says:

What a great way to showcase these treasured fabrics! Those quilted lines are perfect over the patchwork squares. Some baby (or person obsessed with these fabrics) will be lucky to snatch up this lovely quilt.

Jan says:

Ok I’m probably going to have people stick virtual pins in me but here goes…I missed out on FMF – it was long out of print before it hit my radar and I’ve often thought I prefer Hope Valley and I can’t see what all the fuss is about…having seen this quilt though I can totally see why people go crazy for FMF. This is fabulous! (Darn it not having any FMF in my stash!)

Traci says:

I had to snatch this up! It won’t be going to a baby, though (or I should say any single one baby–it will likely be laid on by a lot of babies)–I’ll be using it for portraits. :) It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Jackie says:

What a darling quilt. What baby wouldn’t just love those colors. So pretty and uplifting.

Thanks for sharing it – it is really lovely.

Kristin says:

So Cute! I just love seeing whole quilts made from Flea Market Fancy still. I got into quilting a little late to the game for flea market fancy and only have a couple tiny pieces left in my stash.

I’m sure not surprised that that quilt got snatched up so quickly. Probably one of the best fabric lines ever!

Genevieve says:

That is so beautiful! I just love the simplicity of the design. Oh and the fabric of course!

Melissa L. says:

Ashley, this quilt is so cute! I love the back!

erica says:

it’s darling! I love that traci will be using it for portraits :)

randi says:

very nice! FMF is such a fun and vibrant line to sew with!

Melissa says:

The fabric is so beautiful that the simple square design enhance the colours and prints.
    Lucky baby!

Leslie says:

i just wanted to say that you have inspired me to cut into my FMF to make a simple quilt/play mat for our soon coming baby…this was so beautiful and they looks so amazing together that i could not help myself. thanks!!!

20. Pingback: FITF: simple pleasures… | Film in the Fridge

misty says:

Your quilts are beautiful!! I have always wanted to quilt and my grandmother just turned 89 so I better have her teach me before she forgets how as her memory is quickly fading. Do you tend to hand quilt or use a machine? Was this beautiful quilt hand quilted or quilted with a machine? Thanks!!!

kimland says:

This is just beautiful. What size are your squares? They are just the right size to compliment this baby quilt.

23. Pingback: First Quilt to Sell! « primaNOTION