in progress…

I don’t have anything finished to show you today, so instead I’ll give you a peek at what I’m currently working on…

A little patchwork (I told you… I can’t stop!)

echino-patchwork

A few additional blocks for my orange and purple Hope Valley quilt -

hope-valley-blocks

And as always, pulling out other fabrics and making up stacks for other potential quilts…

hope-valley-stack

I love this combo, and think it would be fun to combine a few of my favorite Flea Market Fancy prints in with Denyse’s new Hope Valley fabrics!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to in progress…

Whitney says:

Always so many projects in the works – I don’t know how you keep it all straight, or decide which to work on for that matter! I think your new Denyse quilt (what else could you call it, really? Flea Market Hope?) is gonna be fantastic.

leigh says:

wow – i love all those colors together in the bottom photo.

wendy says:

Love your use of white, as always! What white fabric do you use?

Mary says:

I love that color combination as well. It will make a fabulous quilt.

You’ve got some great colour combos there!

marija says:

i’m working on a turquoise/green/grey quilt :)

amelia says:

the little one reminds me of post-it notes. love it.

Anna says:

love the orange/pink combo! And the grey/blue/turquoise fabrics, beautiful!

I LOVE the blue combo! I am obsessed with anything aqua or turquoise, strangely enough, I havent started any aqua quilts! I need to get shopping for some new aqua fabric,… gotta go…. ;)

Sara says:

Do you have a trick for putting together the squares? You seem so FAST at putting them together! My method of putting 2 together, then pairs, etc (without cutting thread) seems inefficient…especially when I have to run back and forth from the floor (where I’m laid out) to the machine. Any secrets would be very welcome. I’m about to tackle my own MoMo charm pack (7) quilt.

mjb says:

Isn’t it great to have quilts going at all stages of the process? When I feel like cutting, I can cut, when I want to sew, I can sew, and when I want to sew binding on (which is unlikely) I can do that too.

Audrie says:

Patchwork quilts never get old :) Love the colours together. The Hope Valley quilt’s really looking amazing.

Jessica C. says:

Can’t wait to see that last pile become something. Love the color combo.

Cristin says:

Yummy yummy! Um – all of it! :-)

Dena says:

New follower…..Love It Love It Love IT!!!!!

Claire says:

OMG, LOVE IT! The start of the patchwork, the color combo for the future quilt….I’m so jealous, I wish it were me that was going to be making those delicious new quilts. But I’ve got a project list a mile long of my own…I think I’m getting to the bottom, but then I think of something else and add it to the list.

Andi says:

I’m really loving your series of simple square patchwork quilts. They really showcase the fabrics so beautifully.
    And all your other eye candy is lovely too.
    andi :-)

Someday I hope to have a studio with stacks of fabric for potential quilts. I am in love with the purple and orange together.

Jackie says:

The combos on the first project are just wonderful! I love all of them!! The Hope Valley quilt is just beautiful. Don’t you just love playing with fabric to determine you next project.

amandajean says:

love that last stack. soooooooooo good!!!

Kelly says:

When, or I might ask, do you eat, sleep or clean? I started making your kaliedoscope string quilt this morning and was able to stay in my jammies and just cut and sew until noon. And then the grocery store, cooking, cleaning and all that other stuff, made me quit sewing. Do you put on blinders maybe?? Kelly at http://www.whatupduck.com wants to know!

Laurie says:

Love a little patchwork, it never gets tiring. I love your color combo on it, not usually a fan of pink, but that is a great shade, made better by your choices of golden yellow, aquas and greens. You really have a gift of color sense.

Tonya says:

I can’t wait to see what you do with that pile in the bottom photo. I love the color combination.

abcgirl says:

what’s the grey fabric with little white squares? so cute! i always love your fabric stacks. so inspiring.

Kyla says:

The start of the quilt looks sooo good! I think it will be amazing! Can’t wait to see the finished quilt. The blue fabrics look like they will work really well together..another amazing combination. The hope valley quilt looks great. It may be a gradual process but it looks good. Awesome job!

27. Pingback: a series of Hope Valley quilts – Film In The Fridge