fabric stacks

I like to make piles of fabrics. I enjoy just sitting amidst my fabric bins and selecting fabric which could, potentially, make for fun quilts. I tend to do this in the morning, before getting ready for work. Can you picture it? Me, in my pajamas, getting in a little fabric fix before work? Crazy, I know.

Anyway… enough with the crazy talk, how about some photos of fabric?

aliens

These guys are so cute. Maybe a fun boy quilt?

(For those who asked, the alien fabric is from a pair of PJs by Munki Munki (designed by Heather Ross).)

Or how about this one –

grayyellow

I love this gray/yellow combo… or is that charcoal and sour lemon? or maybe citron? (can you tell I’ve been reading the JCrew catalog?)

And you certainly can’t go wrong with goldfish –

fish

Oh the possibilities!

Now time for work…

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to fabric stacks

Elizabeth says:

I love the gray and yellow! It’s so modern but still so cozy feeling. I think you should start gray and yellow next… maybe in a size perfect for throwing over the back of a couch… and maybe make it for sale???

Cristin says:

Go for the goldfish & blue/green! Then mail it to come live at my house :-) haha
    Seriously… I often wander into my sewing room and just gaze at the stacks of fabric…. just dreaming what it could be come… then reality hits! Its bedtime! or Its time to go to work!
    blah . I hate real life…

wendy says:

Those are the munki goldfish, I can tell! The newer goldfish don’t have one named Stephan ;)

Love the alien combo!

qsogirl says:

that alien fabric is so *cute*!! where is it from?!

Audrie says:

The grey and yellow is perfect!! Love that colour combo :) Love the orange and aqua too.

Sarah says:

(drool) I really like the last combo ^_^

amanda says:

Love. All of them. (Especially the charcoal and sour lemon!)

Yes — the possibilities. You are having fun playing with color — and your creativity is showing. I am inspired to go home and PLAY (after work, of course).

Fabric therapy is the BEST. And, for me at least, eliminates another kind of more costly therapy. Not that fabric therapy is cheap, of course. But so beneficial.

I love all the combinations. And with your incredible production, I keep thinking you get to stay home all day and sew. When DO you find the time?? Please share your secrets!

amandajean says:

i adore making fabric piles. so much potential!

epban says:

Too bad we have to go to work and leave our fabric piles until the weekend!

carrie says:

Making potential quilt stacks is one of my favorite things too! All the fabric sitting on the shelf, it needs to be paired with a few special mates! Great combos.
    I do love that alien fabric and would love to know who makes it.

Nicole B. says:

Oh too funny…I do this probably every other day too, but I do it in the wee hours before I go to sleep…then all I think about is fabric…maybe that’s the reason why I can’t sleep at night!

Dena says:

Love the green and orange combination.

Sandra says:

I do the same thing but in the evening when the children are in bed,its one of the best things to do to relax!
    Love those outerspace guys :))

Marie says:

Love the alien fabric! What is it? I would love a piece of that – I am a teacher, and our upcoming unit is about space! That would be a great starter for a dialogue.
    Marie

Theresa says:

That is so funny. I did the same thing this morning. What other option do you have when you’ve rolled it around in your head all night?

Kyla says:

your a great cousin but your CRAZY!!! i can like totally see you sitting in the living room trying to decide what to make your next quilt out of!!!! hah i love both the alien and fish (ya so i go for the cartoony ones)

aseemlylife says:

I always try to push out a square or two before work. It’s my cup of coffee.

Debbie says:

I love the grey and yellow! I am just finishing a yellow and grey quilt, but it is darker. Have fun choosing!

Lindsey says:

I’ve been reading your blog for some time, but have never commented :) I’m so with you on the fabric fix. If my husband knew how often I think of fabric, he’d probably send me to therapy!

Chelsea says:

I totally do this too! Except not before work, I wish I had that much time in the mornings!

Any one who goes to a fabric store with me
    can’t help but laugh as I drag bolts & bolts around n plop myself down in the middle of the floor.

Ah well :) love the gray & yellow. I almost feel it’s more of a smoke & chartreuse ;)

Suzanne says:

I’m the girl who got up at 5 am on her day off from marathon training yesterday to quilt for an hour before her sons got up so I completely understand sitting in pjs with fabric before work. I think it puts us in a good frame of mind for the day, don’t you?

I love love love the alien print. That would be too cute for a boy. Sometimes it feels like there aren’t enough boy prints out there, but that one is great :)

Annette says:

Fabulous fabrics – love that grey w/lemon drops!! i’m seeing a cute fall skirt~!! Who makes it?

Deanna says:

I decided to try that myself and “found” two small quilts in my stash. Thanks for the tip. It was fun to find some old friends I hadn’t seen for a while, too. I enjoy a stash, but I don’t believe that “she who dies with the most fabric wins.” That would really be a pity because it represents so much love and service wasted.

Meg says:

You are certainly not the only one who sits down for a little stash therapy before work. I actually have a small stack of batiks on my bedside table at the moment–they are the first thing I see in the morning, and make me smile instantly. :)

chavala says:

where is the gray with yellow polkadots fabric from? I’m in love with it!

Jennifer Nowak says:

Does anyone know where I can buy the citron and white striped fabric in the picture?