goldfish stripe baby quilt

I hope you all had nice relaxing weekends! We actually saw some sun this weekend, so I spent my time at the beach rather than in front of my sewing machine as I had planned. I didn’t touch my 9 patch quilt at all, though I did buy a solid backing for it, so now I have no excuse!

I did manage to finish up this cute little baby quilt though –

It’s made up of strips of lovely oranges, blues and browns, plus the fabulous Heather Ross goldfish prints.

Those goldfish! So cute! (and just look at how good I’m being at using some of my favorite hoarded fabrics!)

The back is a great Amy Butler spa blue (my own name for it — not sure of the actual color name!) solid with another strip of the goldfish

And the binding is a brown polka dot from the Momo Wonderland line. It really looks splendid with the solid backing, if I do say so myself!

This one measures about 37″ x 44″ and is now for sale in the shop!

This entry was posted in [search] Strip Quilts, 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to goldfish stripe baby quilt

Jessica Mauk says:

Hi There! I’ve just been snooping around your blog and I must say you make gorgeous quilts and are quite talented!! I have a question about your machine. I will be getting a new machine in a few months and I’m torn between the Juki 98 and the Pfaff Grand Quilter. I know a few people with the Juki and they can’t say enough wonderful things about it. But so far I’ve not met anyone with the Pfaff. Do you mind sharing a brief overview about it and what you love/don’t love? Thanks so much!! Oh, and I added you to my Google Reader so I’ll be back ~ often! :)

Jona says:

You kill me! That is so darn cute and perfect for a little boy or girl! I’m so happy to see you are parting with some of your stuff (I’m sure some buyers are happy too)!

Faith says:

That is so cute! I have those goldfish fabrics too and made my daughter a shirt over a year ago (that didn’t even end up fitting!). Maybe I’ll need to break out my scraps! You have such a great eye for color.

Liz says:

Absolutely adorable, a perfect baby quilt. Nice to have something gender-neutral / boy-friendly that isn’t overtly CARS! TRUCKS! BOY THINGS! Know what I mean?

I agree, that brown polka dot binding is really perfect with the solid backing. Great colors! Feels like you’re underwater or in the fishbowl, yourself!

Mal* says:

I LOVE the polka-dot binding. That quilt looks so cozy for some reason! Nice work, lady!

Claire says:

Again, great job! And again, where fo you find time for all those quilts??? I’ve did the math….7 mo X 4 wks = 28 weeks and you have 25 quilts FINISHED! One you turned one quilt into 4 small ones, thats about 1 quilt per week. Keep up the GREAT work….you give me and others inspiration to make all things cute!

Amanda says:

That is just beautiful! I love the way you put fabric together- the color choices, the placement, just about everything. Awesome little quilt!

Kelly O. says:

could you be any more fabulous?!!

I can’t wait to get my fabric–did you sprinkle a little creative dust on it before you sent it in the post?

Wendy says:

Beautiful little quilt!
    Love the simple stripes, especially the goldfish fabric!

Amber says:

I love the goldfish – they are one of my favorites. The quilt is so cute and good job on using some of the “hoarding” fabrics :-)

Kyla says:

ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE the goldfish fabric. It is soooo cute. It was great to see some sun, though you didnt finish the quilt.

Shelley says:

I love how you take a simple line and turn it into such beauty! LOVE!!

Kate says:

I love this quilt Ashley…those fish are too cute, have just bought myself a meter this morning :)

Audrie says:

The colours are just gorgeous together! Love the fabrics too!!

jo says:

i love the goldfish in a bag! Where did you get it? Ive been looking everywhere

Giselle says:

I am in love with this quilt! What a gorgeous color combo!!

Chelsea says:

Ooh! I have that blue Joel Dewberry fabric. I used it on a rocking chair redo, and now I’ve used 7″ squares of it on a quilt. I like the stripes of it too! I’m running out, I’ll have to buy more. LOVE this quilt!

21. Pingback: twin baby goldfish quilts – Film in the Fridge

Stacy B says:

Did you see that you made the fossil blog? I just recognized your quilt there. Trendsetter!