goldfish stripe baby quilt

I hope you all had nice relaxing weekends! We actually saw some sun this weekend, so I spent my time at the beach rather than in front of my sewing machine as I had planned. I didn’t touch my 9 patch quilt at all, though I did buy a solid backing for it, so now I have no excuse!

I did manage to finish up this cute little baby quilt though -

goldfish-stripe-front

It’s made up of strips of lovely oranges, blues and browns, plus the fabulous Heather Ross goldfish prints.

goldfish-stripe

Those goldfish! So cute! (and just look at how good I’m being at using some of my favorite hoarded fabrics!)

The back is a great Amy Butler spa blue (my own name for it — not sure of the actual color name!) solid with another strip of the goldfish

goldfish-back2

goldfish-stripe-back

And the binding is a brown polka dot from the Momo Wonderland line. It really looks splendid with the solid backing, if I do say so myself!

goldfish-stripe-binding

This one measures about 37″ x 44″ and is now for sale in the shop!

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Strip Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to goldfish stripe baby quilt

Jessica Mauk says:

Hi There! I’ve just been snooping around your blog and I must say you make gorgeous quilts and are quite talented!! I have a question about your machine. I will be getting a new machine in a few months and I’m torn between the Juki 98 and the Pfaff Grand Quilter. I know a few people with the Juki and they can’t say enough wonderful things about it. But so far I’ve not met anyone with the Pfaff. Do you mind sharing a brief overview about it and what you love/don’t love? Thanks so much!! Oh, and I added you to my Google Reader so I’ll be back ~ often! :)

Jona says:

Ashley,
    You kill me! That is so darn cute and perfect for a little boy or girl! I’m so happy to see you are parting with some of your stuff (I’m sure some buyers are happy too)!

Faith says:

That is so cute! I have those goldfish fabrics too and made my daughter a shirt over a year ago (that didn’t even end up fitting!). Maybe I’ll need to break out my scraps! You have such a great eye for color.

Liz says:

Absolutely adorable, a perfect baby quilt. Nice to have something gender-neutral / boy-friendly that isn’t overtly CARS! TRUCKS! BOY THINGS! Know what I mean?

I agree, that brown polka dot binding is really perfect with the solid backing. Great colors! Feels like you’re underwater or in the fishbowl, yourself!

Mal* says:

I LOVE the polka-dot binding. That quilt looks so cozy for some reason! Nice work, lady!

Claire says:

Again, great job! And again, where fo you find time for all those quilts??? I’ve did the math….7 mo X 4 wks = 28 weeks and you have 25 quilts FINISHED! One you turned one quilt into 4 small ones, thats about 1 quilt per week. Keep up the GREAT work….you give me and others inspiration to make all things cute!

Amanda says:

That is just beautiful! I love the way you put fabric together- the color choices, the placement, just about everything. Awesome little quilt!

Kelly O. says:

could you be any more fabulous?!!

I can’t wait to get my fabric–did you sprinkle a little creative dust on it before you sent it in the post?

Wendy says:

Beautiful little quilt!
    Love the simple stripes, especially the goldfish fabric!

Amber says:

I love the goldfish – they are one of my favorites. The quilt is so cute and good job on using some of the “hoarding” fabrics :-)

Kyla says:

ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE the goldfish fabric. It is soooo cute. It was great to see some sun, though you didnt finish the quilt.

Shelley says:

I love how you take a simple line and turn it into such beauty! LOVE!!

Kate says:

I love this quilt Ashley…those fish are too cute, have just bought myself a meter this morning :)

Audrie says:

The colours are just gorgeous together! Love the fabrics too!!

jo says:

i love the goldfish in a bag! Where did you get it? Ive been looking everywhere

Giselle says:

I am in love with this quilt! What a gorgeous color combo!!

Chelsea says:

Ooh! I have that blue Joel Dewberry fabric. I used it on a rocking chair redo, and now I’ve used 7″ squares of it on a quilt. I like the stripes of it too! I’m running out, I’ll have to buy more. LOVE this quilt!

21. Pingback: twin baby goldfish quilts – Film in the Fridge

Stacy B says:

Did you see that you made the fossil blog? I just recognized your quilt there. Trendsetter! http://blog.fossil.com/2011/07/sizzling-stripes/