baby wonderland II

baby-wonderland2

Ok, ok, you’ve already seen this quilt before, but it’s so cute that I just can’t resist posting version 2. The first version was donated and went off to live a happy life with a little girl named Ruby. I liked it so much that I decided to make a second. This is made up of the Momo Wonderland fabrics, which really look so great together. The cream colored background in a few of the prints gives it an antique-y, vintage feel which I really like.

baby-wonderland-frontbaby-wonderland

For the backing of this one I used the pink large polka dotted print from this same line, and then bound it in a nice chocolate brown solid to tie it all together. It measures 34″ x 44″.

baby-wonderland-back2baby-wonderland-back

And it’s in the shop now (and if it sells, I’ll probably be tempted to make version 3!) Sold! Thanks Angie!

baby-wonderland32

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to baby wonderland II

Cristin says:

Cute cute! I love the scissors, personally ;-)

I DO love this line of fabric. Just bought a little of each. Fun, fun, fun.

AngieK says:

That is so cute, great job!

Audrie says:

I love this collection! I love the backing fabric you used on this version… so cute!

Liz says:

Adorable! Just goes to show a quilt doesn’t have to be a super elaborate pattern to be really cute. I’ve got a Wonderland charm pack just waiting to be used… might have to get a second and make something like this! Or maybe alternate with some solid brown… hmm… so many options. :-)

amy says:

It’s always a pleasure to read your blog and see what your imagination has brought forth.
    I will be sending out a little package to you this week.
    Thank you so much for everything.
    It’s nice to be home from faire and to relax and not rush around sewing this and that :)
    much love and hugs to you

it looks so so so great! did you use one charm pack or two? I just got a full moon forest charm pack and have no idea what to do with it!!!!

Crystal says:

I really love this quilt and the first version too! It’s amazing that something as simple as squares can work together to make something so beautiful. I’m inspired to make a squares quilt now! A small one, not a big one. :)

Shannon says:

I think the scissors are my favorite print, too. Love the colors!

lifeasamama says:

I’ve been eying quilts online for about a year now, and finally got up the courage to make one. I selected eight patterns and emailed them to a long list of friends to have them help me decide. The overwhelming favorite was Baby Wonderland. I’m going to be making it with Soiree fabrics, as it’s for a baby girl… and everything’s ordered and on its way. I can’t wait to get started!

andi says:

I just love the wonderland range.
    Beautiful work.
    Andi :-)

smalltownjenny says:

squares make me happy! love it!!

Tasha says:

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a little while now, and it’s so inspiring. I have to say that I am just blown away by how fast you make these! Is there a new one every couple of days?

Kate says:

Lovely quilt, the butterflies and the scissors are great! Lucky baby..

Katie says:

wonderful quilt. i love the way you quilted the lines. i am so glad it sold for you.

Kyla says:

i love it!!! all the different patterns look soooo good together! the color you used around the edges make everything blend really well. hope to see a third version :)

Kate says:

Love this quilt, Ashley Dew and congrats on selling it so fast!!!! Miss you!!

Jenna says:

absolutely love it! love version 1 and version 2. beautiful! using the wonderland fabrics in my kids room too.

Sherri says:

LOVE it! Obviously, since I decided to make my first quilt based off this! I bought 2 charm packs and made one just like it – quilting and all. The quilting is turning out to be a BIT more challenging, but hey- it’s my first, right? I’ll get the hang of it! Congrats on selling so fast too!

Julie says:

It’s perfect and I’m thrilled to see the squares looking so good together as i chose these fabrics to make my little girls first quilt (it’ll be mine too!). Thanks for the inspiration and mouth-wateringly beautiful blog!

sue brown says:

just gorgeous, love the backing.

Joan says:

Adorable! I especially love the back!

Jenny says:

Goodness, congrats on selling this little beauty so quickly…I too think you are a quilt making machine…make that an awe inspiring quilt making machine! Thanks for letting us see your work!
    Jenny
    krousegirl2 at aol dot ocm

Jessica says:

I love the quilting on this one. Simplicity itself.

MeganAnne says:

Wow! I just found your site (while doing my best not to work) and I am so impressed and inspired. I’ve just wiled away way too much time browsing your back posts and gazing dreamily at your quilts. More and more I’m finding I want to give quilting a try. Your blog might have just push me over that edge. I love your style and fabric choices too. (Gosh can I sound like I have a crush a little more please?!)

Anyways just wanted to let you know I’m inspired. Another blog to add to the google reader!

Suzette says:

Love that pink scissor fabric!

Angie says:

Ashley, I received my quilt today! The fabrics are all fun and it’s so lovely and soft – you did a beautiful job. You are right – it does have an antique-y feel. It’ll get lots of love here in Michigan, and when the sun comes out again, I’ll email you a photo of it from here! Thanks again! Angie

28. Pingback: As I wait for my other fabric to arrive… «

stephanie says:

Quick Question… where do you get all your fabric from?

Katie says:

I need to learn to quilt.

31. Pingback: What Should I Do With This Cake?

32. Pingback: first quilt! « skirt as top