Fabric, and the men who bought it

Receiving fabric is always fabulous. I like it even better when it’s a gift – there’s something about not picking it out yourself that’s kind of fun. This year I mentioned (many, many times) that I’d love to receive a box of fabric for Christmas. I was told (over and over) that no one would be able to pick out fabric for me. What designers to look for? which prints? what colors? what don’t I already have?… apparently it just sounded too complicated. That’s why I was so surprised when I received fabric from both my wonderful fiance, Morgan, and my brother, Ryan. It’s extra special since they both, individually, took the time to go online to select fabric for me.

And they did well, don’t you think?

In addition to these fabrics, Ryan also got me some precut fabric squares, which I immediately started sewing together for yet another quilt. I’ll show you the full top in a day or two!

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Fabric, and the men who bought it

Patty says:

What a nice gift! The men in your life have good taste.

jacquie says:

oooh, they did a fab job. i see some Lush in there! i got mine the other day.
    it’s soooo great! these two should start an online class for how to pick fabric for your honey. they might make a million! i know i’d enroll my dearest.

Rosie says:

Oh wow, what a superb gift. I am wildly jealous, can’t imagine anything more wonderful than being given such beautiful fabric….. enjoy :)

Natalija says:

Lucky you!!!! So nice present!!!

Dallas says:

Those are wonderful fabrics! They did well on coordinating colors and patterns. I can’t wait to see what you make with them.

Sarah says:

What a great present. Imagining guys picking out fabric and hoping they did a good job is the sweetest thing in the world!

anina says:

Ooooh! There’s no better gift than fabric!

Kerri says:

oh so pretty!! love them all and i would have never quessed that it was the guys that picked them out!!!

Sue says:

I just found your blog, and I am absolutly astounded by the quality of your work, especailly after reading how you just started. Amazing! You have a great eye for putting your fabrics together, and I love the way you use white as a background. I am jealous of the beautiful fabrics you have, I guess I have to do more online shopping! One small local shop, very traditional fabrics, not my thing, 2 stores closed down in the last year, but still can’t find the great fabrics I see on blogs. Keep up the great work, you’re an inspiration!

They did a wonderful job – what a fun gift! My father in law gave me a sewing machine for Christmas and I was shocked – I’m very new to sewing and just finished my first project yesterday. So glad I found your blog and I’ll definitely be back.

amandajean says:

they did a great job picking out fabric! wow-i’m impressed!

Allie says:

Very Imprssive–I cna’t wait to see what you make!

Meghan says:

I’ve been reading for a week or two but finally getting around to commenting…
    I love this fabric! I can’t wait to get working on a project. I’m currently sewing project-less but with a long list of things to do. Your quilts really do inspire me. My mom is a quilter and is more into the traditional quilt look. But I love how you can make your quilts so modern yet retro and classy at the same time. Keep up your great work. A few days ago I went through and organized my fabrics and boy does your fabrics put mine to shame lol. I will continue to check out your blog!

Jen Eskridge says:

Oooh- the blue-orange set is my favorite. What a great present!

Betty says:

That is amazing! Sounds like you have some wonderful men in your life. the fabric selection is quite good if I do so say so myself

terriaw says:

Wow, that’s very impressive fabric shopping for the guys! And great for you cuz you scored some fabulous fabrics. I especially love the Amy Butler pile.

Dewdrop says:

Mmmm, I’m coveting that Granville fabric! Kudos to the guys – well done!

christine says:

heyy! now i know what i will wish for next christmas. they did a very good job :)

Kathy says:

What a sweet gift from the men in your life!

Gillian says:

Ah, what a clever idea. Some people vet their future life partner by travelling through India with them, but a man who can select gorgeous fabric is definitely a keeper!