Now here’s a quilt that’s taken me forever to finish! I started collecting these wonderful munki munki prints early in 2009 and then started making these fun improv blocks during that summer. Originally I had grand ideas to make it into a queen sized quilt, but after realizing how many blocks that would require, I sort of lost interest and set the blocks aside.
Now, many many months later, I decided the best course of action (or at least easiest course of action!) would be to just sew what I had together and make it into a cute little baby quilt.
And indeed it is cute, and really so appropriate as a baby quilt. The colors are soft and soothing and I love that it could lend itself as either a quilt for a baby boy or a baby girl. And of course, seeing all those wonderfully detailed munki munki prints makes me smile!
I kept the backing simple and used a great aqua solid along with a strip of the munki munki goldfish in bags print. The quilting is simple as well – straight lines running vertically and horizontally at varying widths.
It measures about 36″ square, and now, fresh from the dryer, is all soft and crinkly – just perfect for a new little baby! It’ll be in the shop later today. Sold, thank you!
17 Responses to baby munki quilt