but unfortunately, not big enough. It seems like I’ve been working on this quilt for quite some time now, and it seems as though I’ve cut about a million rectangles, but it still turns out that it’s not queen sized! How is that possible?!
Ok, I haven’t really been working on this forever, since for the majority of the time the pieces have been left laying on our guest bed (it’s a good thing we don’t have guests too often!) and I haven’t really cut a million rectangles either… that’s a bit of an exaggeration.
It’s interesting to look at this quilt top though, as it was started when I was still really really new to quilting. In fact, I was trying to cut rectangles using a paper pattern, rather than a ruler and rotary cutter – what was I thinking?! The result is that the rectangles aren’t all quite the same size, and consequently what should have lined up does not. It’s ok though, as it just shows how much I’ve learned!
But back to the current size of it. I’ve cut the white sashing and sewn the top together. It currently covers our queen sized guest bed, but there’s definitely no overhang. I’m reluctant to cut additional pieces to make it large enough (basically because I’m lazy and I’d rather be working on something else!) but since it’s so close I think I’d be silly not to complete it correctly.
I guess that’s what I’ll be working on this weekend. Currently there are no repeating fabrics, so I’m going to have to work to find enough additional fabrics to finish this one!
11 Responses to Another big one…