hazel’s quilt

hazelsquilt

I’m still plugging away at those unfinished quilts when I get a chance! This one is a quilt top I made for Hazel almost exactly a year ago. It’s made from Heather Ross’s Tiger Lily line for Windham paired with a bunch of that great polka dot print by Bonnie Christine.

hazelsquilt4

I gave Hazel a few backing options and she immediately selected this older Heather Ross tadpole print. I don’t blame her — it’s so soft! (She picked it less for the softness and more because Max has the matching print on the back of his Tiger Lily quilt). We added a strip of a print from Heather’s Briar Rose line, which happens to pair quite well.

hazelsquilt2

I quilted it with horizontal straight lines (again, to match Max’s…), and used a green and white stripe for binding.

hazelsquilt3
(complete with leftover yogurt from lunch!)

I spent a couple days hand sewing the binding and every time Hazel saw me with it she excitedly asked if it was ready for her to sleep under. It’s fun to finish a quilt for someone who is so excited about it!

hazelsquilt5

Tiger Lily is still available at these great shops:
Hawthorne Threads
Fat Quarter Shop
Nido
Stash Fabrics and
Llama Fabrics.
This entry was posted in [search] Wonky/Improv Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to hazel’s quilt

Sophie says:

Lovely quilt and great photoshoot !

Sarina Ochoa says:

Everything about this quilt is perfect! You always make such beautiful quilts.

Susan Jonsson says:

Love your triangle quilt. The tiger lily fabric looks great! Hazel is adorable. So cool that she’s excited to sleep under her very own quilt!

Thea says:

Love the quilt…but Hazel!!! She is getting so big!!! Gotto say Ashley-you make cute quilts but even cuter kids.

Sharon T says:

I always love your triangle quilts. And pics of your sweet babies!

Susan Jonsson says:

I can’t seem to find the dot fabric you used for the backing…Any more info you could share?

Paige says:

Precious they are helping to hold it up! So sweet! Beautiful finish!

Allison says:

So pretty! Hope your doing well!!

Emily says:

I love the quilt, and the fabric! I made a quilt for my daughter (it was also backed with one of the prints from Tiger Lily) and she was pretty excited, too. It helped motivate me to finish.

Sondra says:

Love the quilt, your daughter is precious! You made my day!

pixie says:

how can Hazel be so big already? great quilt, thanks for sharing.

Kate says:

I agree — making quilts for your own kids and seeing their anticipation grow is just so satisfying! Also I must thank you for showing me how to use the pieces of Tigerlilly I’ve been looking at with growing uncertainty — it looks fantastic with a large dose of neutral fabric.

Hayley says:

Gorgeous quilt. I love the little stripes in the corner. I agree it is nice to make something for someone who wants it so much. My kids are the same. Every time I make something they try to snaffle it up

diane says:

I adore this quilt for your cute Hazel! She is adore able! πŸ™‚

Jennifer says:

Pretty quilt, but your daughter steals the show! She is adorable, and the third picture cracked me up with your kids standing in front of your husband’s legs, making it look like they are somehow holding the quilt up. πŸ™‚

Love your quilts, always!

Sue says:

Those kids are cute as buttons! At first I thought there must have been some ice-cream bribery going on – but no bribery required obviously. Hazel looks super happy with her quilt.

kathy in MT says:

I love that you repeated the background dot fabric triangles in order to make the Tiger Lily pieces look randomly placed. Brilliant! Cute, cute Hazel….. πŸ™‚

Marianne says:

She’s a doll! I love the binding. Stripes like that are so hard to find. I’m plugging away at finishing a mountain of tops too.

Elizabeth Bolton says:

I have been enjoying your blog without commenting for quite awhile now, but I am compelled to this time – Your Hazel is completely delightful!! Love her little face with that darling quilt around it!! Thanks for sharing – made this grandma smile today!!

barbara says:

she is so cute in the last photo

Lisa C in Dallas says:

I started following your blog right after Hazel was born. She is adorable. So is the quilt!

karen says:

adorable quilt and great work! love that it’s for your daughter.

Oh, look at her! She’s so big now! Great quilt, especially loving the backing. Glad you could make it so much like Max’s.

She’s adorable and so is the quilt. Love the straightline quilting on it.

25. Pingback: FITF: split angles quilt | Film in the Fridge