my finished medallion quilt

medallionquilt

Well hello there! As I may have mentioned, this summer hasn’t been good for my sewing or blogging habits. Those crazy kids would rather spend time at the lake or the pool, or out picking berries, or riding bikes rather than sitting inside so I can sew a few seams. Weird! Anyway, since I realized there wouldn’t be much in the way of new quilt tops, I thought it might be a good opportunity to finish up a few that have been lingering.

medallionquilt3

I picked two and sent them off to Gina to work her quilting magic. While I do mostly try to quilt my own quilts, there’s something really fun about sending off a quilt top and backing and then sitting back and waiting for a finished quilt to be returned! I decided to let her surprise me, and I was thrilled to see the fun stacked fan design she used on my medallion quilt. I love how the overall design looks on this quilt – giving it great texture but not distracting from the quilt design.

medallionquilt4

This quilt is a top I finished somewhat recently – it was really fun to try my hand at a medallion quilt and I enjoyed making it up as I went along. Anna Maria Horner’s prints from her Honor Roll line were the inspiration – I love the mix of patterns and colors and decided to make a quilt out of all prints, adding in a wide variety of other prints to round it all out.

medallionquilt2

I really love the mix of prints and the different scales of the prints. From afar, some prints look like solids but it’s fun to get close and realize that they’re all various prints. You can read my blog post about the quilt top here.

medallionquilt5

Thank you, Gina, for helping me get this one finished and keeping it from languishing in the unfinished quilt closet! I’m so pleased with the quilting and recommend Gina highly if you’re in need of some quilting. It really was a joy not to have to think about the basting part (my least favorite part!) or about inadvertently ruining a quilt top with some quilting that wasn’t quite right.

This entry was posted in [search] Liberated Quilts, Fabric, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to my finished medallion quilt

Tracy says:

I’m not usually a medallion quilt lover, but this is so cute. The colors and the scale of the blocks and prints combined with some solids make it not too busy.

Love it!!

First of all- you’re alive!!! Yay! Second, your quilt is so gorgeous and Gina is a quilting wiz! She’s quilted a few for me and I’m always so impressed when I get them back.

sue says:

I will be thinking of this quilt all day. Fabulous! Churndash blocks are my favorite and i love what you did with them. Yay!

Kathleen says:

Do miss your posts but understand the children must play thing. Quilt is beautiful as always. This might be nice for my Alison Glass stash.

Julierose says:

this is a beautiful quilt– I love the interplay of colors…nice hugs, Julierose

I think ti is great that your children would rather be outside enjoying the summer instead of sitting at home in front of videos and video games. This is a beautiful quilt – I really like medallion quilts, and yours is really fun and playful.

CJ says:

It’s absolutely lovely, and so beautifully photographed. It must be a real treat to send off a quilt top and receive back a finished quilt! I’m glad that you’re enjoying the summer. CJ xx

This is smashing. Seriously wonderful. The all over quilt pattern provides the right amount of texture, your attention to colour and placement is spot on. It’s perfection. Love!!!!

Ruth says:

Really like this. It has a happy fun vibe to it and the quilting is perfectly complimentary to that!

Mary J. Sanchez says:

That is a very beautiful blanket. I am always make tops but it seems I have no time to finish them. Thank you for letting me enjoy you wonderful work. Thank you again.

Rosemary Bolton says:

This turned out exceptional! Ashley, well done

Lisa C in Dallas says:

Just lovely!

Jan S. says:

I love it! I love the colors, patterns, the whole thing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine Pallat says:

Your Medallion Quilt is beautiful. A work of joyful art. Thank YOU for sharing it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cindy says:

What a beautiful quilt!! Love, love, love the colors- great job!!:)

Carla says:

Another stunning finish! Love all the prints in here and the quilting complements it perfectly

anna says:

it’s so beautiful Ashley! I hear ya on the kid thing. Definitely a good excuse to enjoy summer! The quilt is amazing and I love the quilting.

Debbie says:

I’d love to share a photo from this post in my upcoming newsletter – would that be ok? I’d link back of course.
    Debbie