intersections quilt

intersectionquilt

I finished this fun quilt up recently with a bunch of straight line quilting and a fun tiger cat backing. I would have shown it sooner, but have been sort of waiting on a snowstorm (no luck, just ice and really cold temps instead…). I find it’s hard to photograph a quilt in Vermont during the winter – without a fresh layer of snow, things are pretty bleak.

intersectionquilt2

This weekend I convinced my sister and brother-in-law to drive me around the more rural areas of Vermont looking for decent photo spots (a big thanks, W & E!). My sister, who wasn’t really dressed for the task, was nonetheless up for climbing through snowbanks to hold up the quilt, so now I can finally show this one off!

intersectionquilt6

intersectionquiltback

Tiger cats!

intersectionquilt5

I quilted it with straight lines in both directions with random spacing between the lines. I love the look, though it does take some time to complete!

intersectionquilt4

Keeping with the Cotton + Steel theme, I opted for this great red basic, which is part of Alexia’s new Mesa line. I don’t think I’ve ever used red for a binding, but I love the pop of color, and especially how it looks with those yellow cats.

intersectionquilt3

Want to make one? My tutorial for this quilt block can be found here!

Cotton + Steel fabrics can be found many places, and their newest lines are popping up everywhere! Be sure to check my sidebar for a listing of my favorite shops!

This entry was posted in [search] Square-in-Square Quilts, Fabric, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks, Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to intersections quilt

This is terrific!! Love the thick and thin lines! Love the background photo! What a winter treat! Thanks for sharing, will look up the tutorial.

Dominique says:

I love this quilt. Simle and complex at the same time, great colours. Love the quilting too. Nothing like a fresh snow and wooden buildings to show off those quilts!

Beautiful! So much going on in this quilt, love it!

DreiPunkteWerk says:

Adorable. Gorgeous. Sooo cute. Beautiful.
    Liebe Grüße from Germany,
    Kathrin 🙂

This quilt is utter perfection from the bold bright colors, to the tiger cat backing. And the binding!! Ashley, you did a spectacular job as always. This is one of my all time favorites.

Pat S says:

Love it! It is so bright and cheerful.

Debbie says:

This is lovely! I love how it turned out. And it’s ironic you posted today – I also posted my finished Intersections quilt made with FAITH Circle. We loved this block, and it makes a very striking quilt! Thanks again…

Love the quilt! I’ve wanted to get some cotton and steel fabrics for a while now.

svetlana says:

what a gorgeous quilt. I love absolutely everything about it, it’s so pretty and happy and wonderfully graphic all at the same time.

Julierose says:

I used your tutorial to make a small wall hanging with leftover blues and Oriental fabric…I love how it came out–super directions…thank you Julierose

Carla says:

This is so fabulous! Yes I want one. I think I will ask for these blocks in my next month as Queen Bee : )

Anina says:

It’s so pretty! I love the quilting. And the back too.

Love the quilt! The colours are wonderful! And those cats are so cute.

Shea Werner says:

This quilt is wonderful! I love the photos and how you chose the back drop. Thank you for sharing.

Beth says:

Your sister should definitely win sister of the year award! It actually sounds like a fun adventure 🙂 and your quilt is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing a tutorial for the block! Magistra13 at yahoo dot com
    Beth

Lana Stafford says:

Beautiful quilt….and setting.

Trish says:

Do you sell your beautiful quilts? I am in love with this one! I’ve never made a quilt.

19. Pingback: FITF: intersection (take 2, in Tiger Lily) | Film in the Fridge