oh swoon!

I always loved the Swoon pattern, but it took Katy organizing a Swoon along to get me to actually find my pattern and get sewing! I decided to use the original Flea Market Fancy because I love the colors and thought it would look great in this pattern.

I had fun pairing fabrics for each block and seeing each (huge!) block come together. I got all the blocks finished, but then procrastinated getting the top finished because if I’m being honest… sashing? Not my favorite. Of course, once I stopped procrastinating and just started sewing, the top came together without a problem.

And wow, do I love it! My dilemma now is selecting a backing (hopefully before it ends up in the unfinished quilt closet!) and deciding whether to quilt it on my own or send it out for some fun quilting. (Angela provided some interesting ideas for quilting Swoon quilts, but half of me (ok, three quarters of me) relishes the thought of having someone else quilt it!)

The Flea Market Fancy Legacy reprint is now arriving in shops, and is available at the following shops -- Fresh Squeezed Fabrics, Hawthorne Threads, The Quilted Castle, Fabricworm, Sew Modern, and Marmalade Fabrics.

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to oh swoon!

Suzanne says:

It’s fun to see the Swoon FO popping up. Yours is beautiful! As for the quilting, you quilt so many of your quilts yourself. If I were you, I would consider it a treat to send it out for quilting especially if I were going to keep it for myself.

Laura Taylor says:

Its a stunner, thats for sure! I’m thinking of using my stack of legacy reprint for a swoon :-)

Annie says:

Wow, this seriously takes my breath away. It’s so beautiful!

Vickie Clark says:

Beautiful!! I’ve got to find that pattern – It’s not one I have seen before. Great Job!!

Bruna says:

It’s gorgeous! I’m looking forward to seeing it done :)

Debbie says:

I’m a swoon-aholic and just love yours!

carla says:

Wow! So gorgeous. I opted for no sashing in mine and love it too. Have a great day : )

Linda says:

Gorgeous. I’ve got the pattern and the fabric…..now to get the courage to start on it! At least a little bit of blocks makes a large bit of quilt! Wish me luck.

Beautiful. I am at the sashing stage with mine, now. I just want it finished. I have been working on it since last year.

Beth says:

I wasn’t a big fan of the Swoon pattern but after seeing so many beautiful quilts recently made during the Swoon QAL I am adding it to my list. I just love it with the FMF prints! Smiles~Beth

Deb konopka says:

Gorgeous. Makes me want to try this block.

Katy says:

Oh it looks fab! Love the colours, and there was me thinking this line didn’t excite me much (yes, I fully expect the people with the burning branches to come and visit me after that statement ;) )

Meg says:

Gorgeous! And I am totally with you. Swoon will be the biggest quilt I’ve finished so far, and therefore it will also be the first quilt I send out for quilting! I just…no, thanks! :) Good on you for finishing yours–may just be the shot in the arm I need to woman up and muscle through the last 3 blocks!

Beautiful!!! Is it paper pieced?

LeAnn says:

Fantastic!! I’d send one this size to a longarmer, too.

Lynnet says:

Absolutely stunning!!! I’ve been in love with Swoon since
    I first saw it and already have it on my list to do this yr. I love the colors and how well they compliment all the other colors ap well. Makes me
    Want to start On mine so much sooner! Oh, I’m Swooning at your beautiful
    Quilt!!!

Hurray, it’s beautiful! You combined so many colors in a contrasting way, which I always enjoy.

Sadie says:

Beautiful! Your swoon has me swooning :-)

Karen M says:

I love the swoon. The thought of finishing large blocks is very attractive to me as I am working on a scrap quilt with 3″ blocks right now. It is going to take me FOREVER to finish. If you hear of a Swoon-along, let me know. I would love to do this quilt.

Sheryl says:

Love your colors and work… Liberty huh…. very nice

Heather says:

It is beautiful! Great job on finishing up that top. I have the pattern, but haven’t started making the quilt yet, I am waiting for the right color combinations to hit me.

cynthia says:

I love the rich colors that you used :) I made mine, inspired by the swoon along also, in pastel colors.

27. Pingback: Flea Market Fancy update | The Village Haberdashery

28. Pingback: FITF: taking stock… | Film in the Fridge

sara says:

Hi Ashley!
    Do you mind sharing which pattern you used and how sewer friendly it was? Thanks! Sara