little folks scarves

little-folks-scarves

I had to make a couple scarves. How could I not? Anna Maria Horner’s voile fabrics are just perfect for a light scarf… they practically begged to become one!  Anna Maria had already shown a beautiful voile scarf in a few of her photos (there’s one shown in this post). And I know I’m not the only one with scarves on the brain. Everywhere I look I see beautiful examples, and lots of tutorials.

little-folks-scarves2

I played around with some elastic thread to try to make something a la anthropologie. It’s less anthro and more homemade than I was hoping for, but I’m happy with them anyway. They’re soft, slightly ruffly, and add a little something fun to my outfits. I’m already thinking of a third… green perhaps?

Has anyone else made one? Add a link in the comments if you’d like!

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to little folks scarves

Karin says:

Love ‘em!

I am sure they look better on a person than on the peg. I wish I could find Anna Maria’s voiles for sale here in the UK. I have seen some scarves here in England where the elastic thread runs vertically down the centre of the scarf’s entire length. This also looks nice.

Julie says:

Those colors are so great! I’m inspired to make scarves now :)

Here’s a tute my friend just posted on a different kind of scarf: http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.com/2010/03/make-spring-scarf-from-tights-seriously.html

Jan says:

I used Little Folks for some scarves. I’ve given most of them away, here are some photos. http://prytzfamily.blogspot.com/search/label/Pay%20it%20Forward

I love how the fabric feels.

Annalia says:

Beautiful. I want to see them on. :)

Rossi says:

Yep, I’ve made two scarves out of the Little Folks voile. Kind of like baktus scarves mixed with cowls…http://www.flickr.com/photos/rossiebug/4366679372/

Your’s look like fun, would love to see them modeled!

Melanie says:

I was going to link to my AMH scarf, but you already did! How sweet, thank you! Isn’t that fabric dreamy! I bought some to make a shirt for summer. Yummy!

Carla says:

Green would make a great addition to those wonderful scarves. I might just have to make one of those. Thanks for sharing!

Ashley says:

I’ve nominated you for the beautiful blog award as a blog that inspires me in my quilting journey. Thanks for the inspiration and hope you’ll stop by to pick it up!

rendy says:

What yardage did you use for these? Also, my local quilt shop owner said that they’re not going to make these dobby dot beauties anymore because the fabric was too expensive for them to make money on. Just a heads up in case you love them as much as I do!

hello there, a lurker and lover of your blog, I was looking back through your posts for some inspiration for my daughter’s christmas quilt when I saw your scarves. I have a scarf from one of our big department stores in the UK, John Lewis. When I saw your elasticated scarves it reminded me of the one that I love. It has been sewn directly up the middle long end to long end with elasticated thread, the fabric is more of a thick flannel but it ruffles up beautifully. If you want a photo I would be happy to send it along to you. Keep up the wonderful blog, your designs and quilts are a feast for the eyes.