modern quilters in new england?

Have you had a chance to read about the Modern Quilting Guilds popping up around the country? Alissa started the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild last year, which was immediately quite a success, and since then there have been new branches starting in many different areas. You can check the Modern Quilt Guild site to see if there’s a branch near you (and if not, you can find information about starting one!)

I’m pleased to report that there’s even a New England branch! And we’d love for you to join! (you can sign up here). Monet is doing a great job setting it all up and adding links to quilting/fabric shops in each state. I really hope there will be a lot of interest so we can get things going and have some quilty fun of our own!

polka-dots

(it’s not a post without a picture, right? Polka dots from Fabricworm… right at home in Morgan’s old baby chair)

Oh, and also, I was nominated I nominated myself (they actually encouraged it!) for a Poppy through the Poppytalk Handmade Awards event. It’s time for voting, so if you’re interested, you can head over here to see the other nominees and to place a vote. Maybe you’ll throw a vote my way? (unless of course you’re appalled that I nominated myself!!)

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to modern quilters in new england?

Georgia says:

I was the third member! And I’m in Vermont too- on the NH border. It’s really exciting to see this coming together.

Carol Macy says:

Hi Ashley. I am totally new to quilting and so inspired by your blog. I can’t believe that you live right so close. I’m in Shelburne. The world of blogging is fascinating to me although I have not jumped into it yet. I will check out the Modern Quilt Guild site. Thanks for letting us know about it!!

Katie says:

Hi Ashley,
    I joined up a few days ago. I was so excited to see that there’s a New England “chapter”. I’m really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Love your chair/fabric photo, and I’ve been drooling over your Merimekko elephant quilt to months.
    Katie (from Maine)

Monet says:

Ashley, thank you so much for posting this. New England quilters, we’d love to have you!

Linda says:

Hi Ashley,

I found the “Poppies” sight last night through someone elst’s blog, but when I got there and saw you, I voted for you. You were doing pretty good then. Hope you win! I’m working on two simple flannel quilts for two of my grandsons. You are still my inspiration!

Best, Linda

Meg says:

I think that its great that you nominated yourself! There’s no reason not to be proud of the work that you do!

Sandra says:

If I had a wish, I would wish for such a dotted pile of fabric ;) Now I`m going to check out the “Poppies” site and vote…

Jackie says:

I wish I lived closer to join the modern quilters in New England. I did stop by and and leave a vote for you at poppytalk. Love reading your blog!

Meaghan says:

I cast a vote for you and I hope you win! I’m also a member of the NE Modern Quilt guild! I’m excited to see where it goes! Thanks for helping to get the word out about it!

Sara says:

Thanks, I just joined! Excited about this group.

Audrie says:

Oooh thanks for the heads up! I just joined :) Nice to see there’s one in New England!!

Amber says:

I saw it yesterday and voted for you :-)

Jolie says:

I am trying to see if I can summon up a NZ branch…or at least a NZ branch in my area!

And yay for you for nominating yourself – you SHOULD be proud of your work – it’s beautiful! Voted!

Turtlewon says:

I voted! Yea, hope you win!

Penny g says:

I would never be appalled that someone nominate themselves. I would be appalled that you not think enough of your craft to think it worthy of some recognition. The lack of self confidence doesn’t generally live in the same body as artistic flair.

Rene' says:

Love the dotty fabric! So exciting about these Modern Quilt Guilds popping up. So glad there will be one in Orlando now. I’m not familiar with the Poppy award. I’ll have to go check it out.

marty says:

Thanks for the info on the guild. We have one in the works in our area. How cool is that.

Kelly says:

I voted for you to win the Poppy! And as for nominating yourself, if you won’t promote you, who will!!! I am glad you posted the link to the Modern Quilts Guild. One of my goals for this year is to find a guild for the fun, fellowship and feedback. The only NC guild is about 4 hours away, but I have joined and feel this is a good fit!

Melissa says:

Just submitted my vote in your favor! I do hope you win. You are one of my favorite sources of quilting inspiration. :)

Munaiba says:

You got my vote Ashley. Of course you should nominate yourself.WHo knows your work better than you – LOL? Well done, I hope you win. :)

jaybird says:

yay for more chapters of the modern quilt guild! we will be having our first meeting in philly soon & i’m super excited!

Vote submitted. Beautiful chair!! (I would love a few pics of the chair… bet you can guess why!)

Stephanie says:

I voted for you – Best of luck!

Blogless me says:

I just come back from the Poppy site and voted for you. I do love the clean, fresh look of your quilts. Keep up the good work!

Genevieve says:

I voted for you too! :)
    Thanks for all the quilted inspiration!

Genevieve