2009 was a good year

Morgan and I got married!

And I made quilts. Lots of quilts! These are a few of my favorites from 2009…

mosaic2c32a279cf37429491854de0cf33ef9a557a0538

1. purple patchwork quilt, 2. A field of flowers quilt front, 3. 9 patch back, 4. animal sherbet squares quilt, 5. Aqua Daisy Chain quilt, 6. sunny squares quilt, 7. autumn blush quilt, 8. same fabrics, different quilts, 9. california dreamin’ striped quilts, 10. far far away hexagon quilt, 11. california dreamin’ blue striped quilt back, 12. modified bento box quilt, 13. hope valley quilts (x4), 14. second time around quilt, 15. munki in the middle quilts, version 2, 16. patchwork squares quilt, 17. modern munki munki martian quilt, 18. strawberries & champagne baby quilt, 19. echino log cabin quilt, 20. birds of a feather quilt back, 21. block party quilt top, 22. hope valley baby zig zag, 23. california dreamin’ mini quilt, 24. Kaleidoscope – a colorful string quilt

During this year I also celebrated a one year blog anniversary, and also a one year quilting anniversary – yay! Thank you to all of you who visit – frequently, or just occasionally├é┬á – and a special thanks to all who take the time to provide such wonderful comments. I truly enjoy reading all of them! Your interest and support keep me motivated to continue making quilts to show here. Thank you, thank you!

I am looking forward to a quilt-filled 2010!

Happy New Year!

This entry was posted in General, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 2009 was a good year

looking forward to many more super inspiring quilts in 2010. You have been so instrumental in changing my quilting style and getting me to think “outside the box.” So many, many thanks. Happy New Year.

Alissa says:

Happy New Year! So glad we are blogging friends. Can’t wait to see all that you come up with in 2010.

Emily C says:

The hex one and the back of your nine patch are my favorites! …just in case you cared! :)

sarah says:

i love, love, LOVE that hope valley baby zig zag quilt. the colors and pattern are perfection. thanks for the inspiration in all those beautiful quilts!

Andrea says:

Your creativity is as always inspiring. Congratulations on a wonderful year! Wishing you and yours a very Happy 2010!

Liza says:

You are so amazing! I started quilting in the fall and am only on my third project. You are such an inspiration! I’m already planning to try out your Kaleidoscope tutorial for my fourth project.

Anita says:

Thank you for the year of inspiration! Happy New Year.

Amber says:

Happy New Year Ashley – you are an amazing quilter and such an inspiration – can’t wait to see all you create in 2010!

wendy says:

Wow, that’s a lot of quilts!!! Probably one every 10 days! Happy new year to you and yours.

Audrie says:

Happy New Year!! Looking forward to more gorgeous and stunning quilts from you :)

Julie says:

I’m very impressed! You have created so many quilts this year.

Sarah M says:

Many happy returns for the New Year, and thanks for the inspiration you’ve given!

Astrid says:

You have been very busy and I love all your quilts! Looking for lots of inspirations in 2010. Happy New Year!

Cheri says:

I have loved finding and following your blog this year. I also found a fabric that made me think of you today… check out Michael Miller’s Tasty Escape…. cute… I think this would go great with a few of your fabrics… Have a happy new year!!

Kate says:

Happy New Year Ashley! Thanks for all the inspiration, I look forward to getting to know you a little better during Bee Imaginative.

x

marty says:

The string quilt is my favorite. You must go see mine that you inspired. It’s so beautiful.

Zarina says:

It was a lot of quilts. I really have no idea how you can keep up the momentum. For me, at first I got stuck because I ran out or resources to buy batting (but that may soon been rectified). Towards the end of the year, I made smaller quilts – less than 60inches with the leftover batting from my kingsize and two queen, also a roll from my mother.

Angie says:

Happy New Year Ashley! Congratulations on such a happy, successful year! Your inspiration has been a gift to so many. You’ve certainly motivated me to make a quilt for my son and daughter-in-law (which I’ll add to your Flickr site once I figure that out!) Keep up the wonderful work. Maybe you could give us some pointers on how you are so prolific AND creative! Thank you!

Heather says:

Happy New Year to you! I can’t believe you have only been quilting for a year, you are so AWESOME. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us, I love your blog :)

CitricSugar says:

Happy New Year, dear! Your one year of quilting is beyond inspiring and I adore so many of your fabric choices. Have a fantastic 2010!

Danielle says:

i don’t always comment, but i lurk, i mean look very frequently! your style is an inspiration! happy 2010

Kyla says:

It’s great to see how much you accomplished in 2009! Great job, great year and you made some amazing quilts!!!

jaybird says:

wow… you have quite the collection to be proud of!