strawberries and champagne baby quilt

S&C-baby-quilt

Thanks again for all the kind emails during my absence. It was nice to take a break, but I missed you all and I found I really did miss blogging! And so I’m back, sooner than I expected to be. And since it wasn’t a really long break, I don’t have too many new quilts to show you. I did make a few quilts, but they’re mainly just repeats of previously shown quilts. I’ll have a post about those later on in the week.

S&C-baby-quilt2

But for today, photos of my recently completed Strawberries & Champagne baby quilt. It’s quilted and washed and I love it!

S&C-baby-quilt3

I really like this color combination – it’s predominately pink, but with the addition of some gold and brown to make it a bit more sophisticated and a little less sugary sweet.

S&C-baby-quilt-back

For the backing, I used one of the pink solids from the front. Then I made up a bunch of smaller improv-styled blocks to create a fun patchwork strip. I stippled the quilt using a pale pink silk finish thread and I really love the way it looks. It perfectly blends with the pink backing and provides just a subtle hint of pink on the front.

S&C-baby-quilt-quilting

It’s bound with a solid brown and measures about 44″ x 53″. And it’s now for sale in the shop.

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Square-in-Square Quilts, [search] Wonky/Improv Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to strawberries and champagne baby quilt

Nicole Gendy says:

Wow, I just love that quilt! I love how you made it with mostly solids, but a few polka dots and stripes thrown in. Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing!

kristin says:

I love it. The colors work so great together!

Suzanne says:

It’s beautiful! I’m so glad you’re back – your quilt and photos are so inspirational!

Sherri says:

That is beautiful Ashley! I’m sure it will sell quickly!

Mandy says:

I love that you’re back! I’ve missed you… I only found you about 2 months ago but I’ve gone through your quilts… so inspiring!

Erin says:

So beautiful…I think the pink quilting really ties it all together; I love the effect it has on the front of your quilt. Wonderful job :) We missed you…

LP says:

It looks great! I really like the combination of brown and pink.

Audrie says:

Yay welcome back! Beautiful quilt! I just finished a pink, brown and white quilt (well the binding still needs to go on) and I’m in love with the colour combo… so girlie!

Carole says:

So glad you’re back! This latest quilt is so beautiful, but I love all of your quilts. I’d love to know how you start. Do you have particular fabrics in hand that you want to use and then decide on a design or is it the other way around? Do you have a picture in your mind of the entire quilt when you start or does it develop block by block as you go?

Heather says:

It looks amazing!!! Once again you inspire me.

Faith says:

Wow, I absolutely love that one. I think it’s one of my favorites that you’ve made so far.

DianeY says:

It’s beautiful & I’m so glad you are back. Your quilts are always my eye candy!

Carrie says:

So many interesting things going on in this quilt. It looks perfect with those fall leaves too.

Claire says:

I LOVE IT…..now I’m hungry for choclate covered strawberries dipped into carmel with a glass of champange. I think you gave the quilt the prefect name.
    Also, sorry about you not being able to take a longer break, but on a more selfish note, I think a lot of us are happy you didn’t….I always look forward to seeing what you are working on and the photos you take make everything look so simple.

Penny g says:

So glad you are back. I enjoy reading your blog and hoping some of your creativity will rub off by reading your words and looking at your pictures.

Alissa says:

Oh Ashley it’s so so so beautiful! I love them all, but this one gets a little extra love! Great to have you back.

erin says:

i am reeealllly digging this color combo. i would never have thought to put the gold in there, but it totally works!! i’m loving the design too…i think i’ll have a christmas one done like this. Do you follow an actual DS pattern, or just use the concept? i’m so nervous about doing it on the fly, but i also think it seems so fun!
    anyway, great job on this one…so beautiful! and i’m glad you are back!

Cristin says:

Well I’m really happy you’re returning to blog-land :-) We’ve all missed you! LOVE this pink quilt btw!

Ashley, I’m SO glad you are back sooner than planned. I have really missed your creative inspiration. This is such a great quilt. I love the fabric combination. Was your pink solid by Kona?

Karen says:

Beautiful!

You always keep me inspired with your quilts!

Melissa L. says:

Its stunning! I absolutely love the color combo! And thanks for the info on the quilting bees!!

Mary says:

Very nice. Glad to have you back.

Jane Weston says:

Welcome back! Gorgeous quilt and beautiful pictures!!!

Diane says:

This is stunning! Love the colors.

Jessica says:

I love the way you added the gold–it really updates the pink & brown color combo (one of my favorites!). The blocks, of course, are stunning.

Glad to have you back!

angie says:

Love this quilt and the photos are great. I’m so amazed by how many quilts you make. I don’t know how you do it and still work full time. Glad you are back to blogging.

Julie says:

As usual, it’s beautiful! I’m glad you’re back to blogging. I enjoy seeing and reading about what you’re working on.

Munaiba says:

I still think this too elegant for a baby quilt. Looks more like an al fresco Valentine Day’s brunch picnic rug.

Rene' says:

So glad you are back. I really like this quilt. What a great idea to bring in some warmer colors with the pink. You are right…makes it look more sophisticated and less sugary. Great composition with the blocks.

Kathleen says:

The gold really is great. I just made a pink, orange and brown quilt for a baby because I thought the orange made it less sugary. The gold is a less obvious but wonderful choice!

Diane S. Keagy says:

Glad you are back to blogging, I miss seeing your lovely quilts!!!!!

Angie says:

“Welcome Back” to those who cherish you and appreciate your creativity!. . . Love your newly completed beauty – the browns and gold make it “fall-ish”.

I am such a fan of pink…and seeing this quilt just makes me smile. I love the way you put all the colors together, but the thing I love the most is the way the blocks are so randomly assembled…love, love, love the blocks!!

Elaine says:

Your work is unbelievable. I just love everything you make, you are one very talented person. Do you intend publishing a book with these amazing patterns and pictures in it, if so can I please place an order NOW. Or alternatively do you have any patterns published?

Zarina says:

I’m so glad you’re back. I’ve missed you and your quilts.

Shannon says:

Do you do the quilting on your own machine, or do you send them off to be done by long arm? I’m so scared to try freehand quilting.

Dawn W. says:

So glad you’re back! Love your new quilt.

Andrea says:

Welcome back! I love the colour combo. I really appreciate the colour combinations you put together, they inspire me to push beyond my usual colour tendancies!

magikquilter says:

it is just so gorgeous asley..and you are right…it has just the right amount of sophistication!

Kathleen says:

do not know where the h went in your name lol!

Breathtaking. I wish I could buy it! You are amazing.

Sonja says:

Strawberry, Champagne and… Chocolate;)
    It’s wonderful!!!

Page says:

Beautiful. Glad you’re feeling better and ready to be back.

Suzanne says:

As usual, you’re full of inspiration. I’m glad you share.

Tracy says:

So glad you’re back, your work is so inspiring to me!!

Suzanne says:

Love it! Welcome back — I missed reading the blog everyday!

anina says:

This is abolutely breathtaking! Wow!
    Welcome back.

Dee says:

Nice job! I like the sun shining through and hinting at the pattern on reverse in some of the pix!

kate says:

Another great quilt…it looks fantastic agains the autum leaves!

Pam M. says:

Wow!! I just had to stop and say this is beautiful.
    I usually read your blog and I love your work, but
    this really stopped me. It looks so yummy. I might be having to use these colors together for a quilt of my own.

Melanie says:

I want one just like it! You really have an eye for color and pattern. Beautiful as usual! Welcome back.

Kyla says:

It’s BEAUTIFUL!!!! i absolutely agree and think that the colors work extremely well together. The pink doesn’t out weight the other colors. I also have to admire the photography…the train tracks were a good choice

GingerW says:

That’s one heck of a beautiful quilt. Your sense of colors and amazing style are inspiring. I’m wondering where you’re going to have your next photo shoot. Glad you are back in full force!

Lovethepattern says:

This quilt is beautiful! My grandma was going to make me a quilt and I was wondering if you could sell the pattern??? I sure hope so – look forward to hearing from you !

jmailer@ualberta.ca