no willpower…

I kind of told myself that I wouldn’t spend any money at the quilt show this weekend. At first, I thought all would be ok… we spent some time looking at the quilts –  this cathedral quilt is huge and all hand sewn!

cathedral

and it reminds me that I never did finish the cathedral quilt I started last year…

I also liked the different patterns on this one

quilting-patterns

Anyway, then we came across the vendors… and that’s when things turned bad -

I decided I couldn’t live without these wonderful vintage feedsack pieces

vintage-feedsack

and if you’re going to buy some feedsack pieces, you really must buy enough to make an entire quilt, right?

feedsack

And then there was a booth with these beautiful Japanese fabrics. I actually had purchased two of these prints many months ago online, and then never could seem to find them again…

japanese-prints

Oh, and I just might have put a deposit on a new quilting machine… show special and all…

See, no willpower.

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to no willpower…

Kyla says:

I love the Japanese fabric. It’s very modern and uses basic shapes.

Tonya says:

I love the quilt with all the different quilting styles. Thank you for sharing your pictures. Congratulations on your new machine! What did you get?

raven says:

ooooh, how exciting,
    will power, schmill power, overated i say!!!
    I love love love the retro feedsack stuff
    what machine did you get??
    I’m am excited for you :)
    I got to go to the superbuzzy.com warehouse last week, not a quilt show, but very exciting and Kelly is the nicest gal! Worth a stop by if anyone is ever in so. cal.! :)

Leigh says:

haha. I know exactly what you mean. I went to my shop hop last week and couldn’t finish it out because I had no willpower to stop buying! I hit 9 of the 15 shops (and bought something at all but 1!) It’s nice to know other quilters are the same as me :)

jennifer says:

Oooooo, I’m curious to hear what machine you chose. I’ve often been tempted by the *show special* as well.

anina says:

Pretty! I went to a quilt show this weekend too and spent nothing at all. It’s a minor miracle.

Martha says:

Willpower? Bah! Who needs it? Lovely purchases. :)

Andrea says:

Am also very curious as to which machine you bought? I’m also in the market and would love a fellow quilters input.

Deb C says:

Oooh. I went to the show too. Did some volunteering so I can get early choice for classes next year. May have bought a thing or two, or three etc etc etc etc.
    Which machine was calling out to be taken home?
    Love those fabrics! Buyers remorse to me is when you go home WITHOUT buying what you wanted!!!

Amy says:

New quilting machine? Hmmm.

Alissa says:

Fabrics are beautiful!

And a new quilting machine?!? As in a long arm??? I am so envious that I can’t even explain it if that’s the case!! You are going to be even MORE of a quilting machine with a long arm!

Jabba says:

You at a quilt show, not spending money?! What were you thinking!!

I have a quilt that my Grandma made me, it’s totally all vintage fabric – so gorgeous. That’s so neat that you were able to buy actual vintage fabric! I would have been all over that.

Dolores says:

And I promised myself that I would not buy anything at all in June. Well…..some fat quarters and about 6 patterns later… I guess we all suffer from a lack of will power at times.

Cristin says:

Oh I’m so jealous! I was out of town this weekend and missed the quilt show in my city – gah! You purchased some WONDERFUL fabric… and can’t wait to hear more about the ‘quilting machine’ you’re getting – yay for you!

christine says:

:-D no willpower, but therapy is included. so i think, it’s ok.

jaybird says:

the best part of being a quilter is buying fabric…
    don’t fight it!!

christine says:

jaybird, i so agree!
    ashley, i must say, that cathedral quilt looks mighty complicated. but i found instructions and since i have such sewing lust today, i just might start one. thanks.

You absolutely have to spend money if you go to a quilt show! Looks like you had a great time. Wish I had been there. I love buying fabrics! Thanks for the pictures more distractions!

Rita

LOL. I’ve had the same experience many times at quilt shows! And did you say “quilting machine”? As in new seeing machine or actual long arm machine?

Just might have put a deposit on a quilting machine….?? Oh you did have fun.

Kate says:

I know allllll about no willpower – just ask my husband.

urban craft says:

I totally hear you. It never ends.

carolyn says:

i think that second quilt is actually blocks made from sashiko embroidery rather than different quilting on each block. (or “in the style of sashiko”.) i have a few books on it but have yet to try it! can’t wait to hear about your new machine!!

Melanie says:

I know how you feel girl. We had a quilt show in our area about a month ago. Thank goodness I left my credit card at home and only brought cash! :)

rachel says:

I LOVE feedsack materials! WAs it a specific vendor that has online shops that were there selling it?

Thanks! Love your quilts.

Shannon says:

Hee hee…you have will power its the CANT power that was lacking:) I really like how your bento box quilt turned out – beautiful and cherry!

What beautiful fabric you picked. Congrats on a new quilting machine too.

I remember you starting the cathedral quilt. Maybe that will go back onto the machine. It was beautiful.

29. Pingback: FITF: but what to make?? | Film in the Fridge