This is a post about Heather Ross

Or actually, this is a post about the fact that Heather Ross left me a comment on my last post and posted photos of the two blouses I made on her blog. (and I’ve talked about nothing else all weekend!)

Should I be as thrilled as I am? I think so. I’ve been a fan of her fabric since I started sewing – and in fact, fabrics like hers are what actually got me into sewing – and now I’m in love with her new book, so having her comment and post about what I made from her book was so fun.

She asked me to provide her readers with the modifications I made on my second blouse, and they’re now posted on her blog if you want to take a look. Thanks Heather!

(just because I needed a photo!)

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to This is a post about Heather Ross

tracy says:

Yea you! I would be over the moon to be recognized in such fashion (pun intended!). Totally love v.2 and now preparing to love the bathing suit cover up…only I am way too intimidated to try a garment. Sigh.

Yes!! Yes you should. I picked up the book this weekend and I can’t wait to get started. Somehow, I doubt I’ll be featured as you were, but that’s okay. I’ll wear my new dress with pride anyway. :)

MichelleB says:

Wow! I’d be thrilled, too. Congratulations.

bakeandsew says:

How exciting. But you deserve it – the blouses you made were gorgeous.

Kerri says:

that is so exciting!! i think i’d be jumping for joy too!!

I would be doing cart wheels. Very cool!

Martha says:

How awesome. If I were you, I wouldn’t stop talking about it for two weeks. ;-)

Amber says:

I was excited for you when I saw her comment and then her post about your pictures…Congrats!!

OMG I would be so excited! I don’t know if everyone’s heard, but you’re kind of a big deal (to paraphrase Christian from Project Runway). Wow! I’m not sure I could restrain myself from asking her to send me a bolt each of the entire Lightning Bugs line! Yeah…i’m pretty sure I would ask.

sweet! congrats – i’d be super excited too :)

Sara says:

You’re completely deserving of her recognition. Exciting!

betsy says:

so the pattern for that top is in her book or you just used her fabric for it?
    I too would love to make this one.

Emily C says:

congrats! that is so exciting! you are incredibly talented, this is just the beginning! :)

Amy says:

Yea! How fun.

I was thinking of you today. My local quilting shop is closing next month and they are having a HUGE sale. I found three different bolts of Flea Market Fancy today. Email me if you’re interested and I’ll see if I can describe them to you (or locate some photos online) and let me know if you want me to send them to you.

gardenymph says:

That’s wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Cary says:

Congratulations! That is very exciting! Wow!

katie says:

this is so excititng!i would still be talking about it too!

corrie says:

wow your shirt and variations makes me want the book even more! well done!!!! love it and the fabric choice is perfect!