A new fall bag & a tasty fall treat

After my success with the Amy Butler bag pattern, I thought I’d attempt another. I’ve had this bag tutorial by machen/machen on my list for a while now, and since I’m on a bag kick, I thought I’d give it a try. Things started well, but then kind of went downhill. It did end up looking like a bag, though not quite the bag pictured in the tutorial! (If you want to see what it should have looked like, check out all the lovely examples in this flickr pool.)

I opted to use this lovely Anna Maria Horner fabric, Volumes. It’s a home dec weight fabric and from the first time I saw it, I could imagine a bag made out of it. I used some Amy Butler lime polka dots for the lining.

I followed the first half of the tutorial, then finished it my own way. I almost scrapped the whole thing at one point (I wasn’t loving the way it was looking), but I’m glad I completed it, as I really like the way it turned out! This one may take the place of my Echino Polka Dot bag – more of a fall look, don’t you think?

And now, a completely unrelated side note, but completely appropriate for the season -

Anyone up for a new way to eat candy corn?

You simply need to mix a little of this

with a little of this

and you end up with a really tasty treat which is sweet and salty and when you eat them together, it tastes just like a Baby Ruth bar. Yum!

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A new fall bag & a tasty fall treat

librarian says:

Hi, I just love the new bags!! That new machine combined with an eye for creative designs is definitely working for you!

I love your new bag! and the fabric is perfect :)

Terriaw says:

Wow, what a great bag! I love how you lined up that fabric just so. The placement turned out great. BTW, I ate too many candy corns yesterday and got a belly ache! They’re still yummy, though.

evensweeter says:

I completely forgot about this little combo of yours. Unfortunately, I’m unwilling to buy candy corn for some crazy reason like I don’t actually want to eat wax. Maybe I’ll have to come over and snack on some of yours. I do love a little baby ruth every once in a while!

Oh, and the bag looks great.

Amy says:

I think the bag looks great!

Alissa says:

Great bag!! I’ve made that pattern a couple of times and it’s a good one, but I definitely got better after I made it a couple of times… Yours is really SO cute.

Katie says:

The bag is awesome but the candy corn looks even better!