The top of this quilt is nearly completed – or at least, completed enough so that I can post it here for you!
I love the way it’s come out so far. This is exactly what I had in mind when I started it, but I admit that during the process I started thinking that maybe it wasn’t what I wanted. Now that it’s all sewn together, I think it’s perfect.
Once again, this is made up of scraps that I had left over from other projects. I think you’ll be able to find fabrics by many of my favorite fabric designers – Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Heather Bailey, to name a few.
Originally I planned to do blocks that would all be the same size, but since I was dealing with scraps, I didn’t have enough scraps of the correct size.
Instead I opted for random sizes of the blocks – with some as small as 3 inches square, up to those that are about 6 inches square. I framed each fabric square (or rectangle) with white fabric and cut each into an 8 inch square.
As of now it measures 42″ x 54″, but with the border and binding, it should end up large enough to use as a blanket on the couch (or I hope so, anyway!)