I’m still trying to work my way through the older unfinished quilts. I pulled this one out as the next to finish mainly because I had this great Anna Maria Horner velveteen that was the perfect size (and color!) for a backing.
You may not even remember this quilt, as I wasn’t too thrilled with it immediately after making it (I can’t even find it on my blog, though I know there’s a photo there somewhere! Ah ha! found it!). It had less to do with the quilt top and more to do with the fact that it wasn’t what I had in mind when I pulled out my initial fabric selections. Luckily, the year it spent hanging in the closet helped me forget what I disliked, and I was actually quite pleased to see it again. I no longer really remember what my original vision was, so I could just appreciate the top for what it was.
I went with straight lines on the diagonal for the quilting, though initially started with some horizontal lines that I didn’t like (and spent forever ripping out! Ugh!). I added one section with quilting lines going diagonally in the opposite direction, which creates a fun crosshatch design in one section.
The regular cotton batting along with the lovely velveteen backing makes this quilt nice and heavy as well as really soft. Combined with all the textures on the front – double gauze, flannel, linen, etc – it’s certainly a fun one to touch! Despite my desire to wash it up and snuggle under it, I’ve decided to list it instead (we can’t use all the quilts that currently reside in this house!). You can find this one along with a couple others over on my instagram destash account. I do hope someone will want to give one of these a loving home!