hello! (and a Heather Ross Kinder quilt)

Well. It’s been so long I almost forgot how to log into my own blog! I’ve missed blogging about quilting, so I’m glad things have slowed down a bit now that school’s back in session so I can get back here. The end of the school year last spring seemed crazy, and then we had an unfortunate basement flooding incident, which was a problem all summer and necessitated digging up the front lawn with an excavator (and is only now finally being fixed). Our flooding was minor compared to what people are experiencing in Texas and Florida, so it’s hard to complain, but it has been a nuisance, and a big unexpected expense. Anyway. I have snuck in a bit of sewing here and there, and I even have one to show you today!

I’m always excited when I receive an unexpected package from Windham, and recently I found one on my doorstep containing Heather Ross’s upcoming line, Kinder. I always love Heather’s designs, and couldn’t wait to sew something with this new line.

There are frogs and apples and flowers and a whole bunch of really beautiful colors which pair quite well with many of the prints from her previous lines, particularly Briar Rose. Fortunately I had saved (ahem, hoarded) a bunch of those prints so I decided to add them to this quilt.

At first I had something else in mind, which looked terrible when I started in on it. Having cut many of the prints up into squares, I was limited in my options, but half square triangles never disappoint, so all was well! (In fact, I loved making it so much that I immediately made a second out of another line, which I’ll show you soon!)

Thank you again to Windham for the fun fabric surprise! Kinder will be available in stores in February.

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to hello! (and a Heather Ross Kinder quilt)

Susan Jonsson says:

Great seeing you back with another beautiful quilt!

DebbieR. says:

So happy that you’re back, and to know that all is well. I always look forward to seeing your quilts!

Linda says:

I love the quilt, and I’m so glad you are back to blogging. You’ve been missed!

xo Linda

Penny Guglielmoni says:

Love that you are back. Sorry about your basement, hope it gets done in a great and expedient way.

What is not to love about beautiful fabric and triangles photographed on a barn? Great job.

Kaholly says:

It HAS been a long while! Glad you’re back, and brought a lovely quilt with you!

Patti McGarry says:

I’m so glad to see you back! Lovely quilt!

Jean says:

Yay! You’re back! You’ve been missed..and the quilt you brought back with you is wobderful! -Jean

erin says:

Glad you’re back with another amazing quilt!

Jacqui says:

Welcome back! Love the quilt! I look forward to seeing more of your great quilting projects now that school’s back in session!

Angie says:

Great to see you back along with another beautiful quilt. So sorry to hear about your basement flooding and other associated headaches and expenses. Having lived through that with little ones, memories returned of those tough days. Hope the worst is behind and you get some time for yourself.

F says:

Glad you are back. Missed your quilts.

P.S.: Please update your favorites. Thanks.

sylvia says:

the caribbean got hit extremely hard. barbuda has had to evacuate ALL its people . first time in 300 years there have been no humans on island. US Virgin Islands ( st Thomas and St John ) got Irma when she was a Cat 5. The Islands are now expecting another hurricane. something they ( we ) surely dont need. Please dont forget about us down here when talking about the Hurricanes. St John and St Thomas were hit extremely hard. rebuilding will take years. Power will take months ( up to 6 months in some areas. the Hurricane was almost 2 weeks ago and only 10% of St Thomas has power. St Croix was barely hit and people still dont have power. some are supposed to get it this week but with the new storm coming , who knows when they will get it. We are a part of the US, as is Puerto Rico

please dont forget us when speaking of the disasters. its very disheartening

Cindy says:

Welcome back!! This is just gorgeous! Those half square triangles are so pretty- I love the happy bright colors!!

Emily says:

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear it was a rough summer. I love the triangles. How did you figure out how to get the ‘arrows’ to run both ways consistently? Did you have to lay it all out before you started the half square triangles?

17. Pingback: FITF: deja vu? | Film in the Fridge

Julie A Craven says:

I am so glad I am not the only one to have a plan in mind, but after cutting all the pieces, my mind says oops, lets do this instead. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Helene says:

Beautiful indeed — rows of triangles in vivid prints for your hand sewn quilt! Layout design is artistic. Hours of cutting and sewing to achieve an heirloom treasure for your family! Sarah SHelene in Minneapolis

Ellen Thompson says:

Simple pattern + beautiful fabrics = great quilts!