Sleeping Porch 2 x 4 quilt

I can’t resist a new Heather Ross line, so I didn’t wait too long to snatch up a bundle of her newest, Sleeping Porch, for Windham Fabrics. I bought a fat quarter bundle including solids from Llama Fabrics, and decided it would be a perfect line to use for another 2 x 4 quilt.

This entire line is cotton lawn, and my oh my, it’s so light and soft! I love lawn, and love quilts made out of lawn. I recommend pairing it with a nice low loft batting – I like Quilters Cotton Request – for a great spring/summer weight quilt.

The various lights and darks in this line, plus the addition of the corresponding lawn solids, makes this a great line for the 2 x 4 quilt.

I used all the fabrics, and was able to make an oversized throw with little to no waste. (That’s one of my favorite things about this pattern – almost no waste when you use fat quarters!)

I’m hoping to back this one in one of the prints from this line, but can’t decide which one is best. I’m leaning towards the purple moth, or the fortune teller print in either pink or orange. Help?

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks, Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sleeping Porch 2 x 4 quilt

Lisa says:

Very sweet! I love this line, too! I would back it in the purple moths or the snails in indigo

Robby says:

It’s lovely! Purple moth backing. Purple to please the girls in the house and moths to please the boys. ;^)

LeeAnn says:

Llama Fabrics has the best print/solid bundles. It’s nice I don’t have to guess which solids will coordinate.

My vote is purple!

This is such a pretty quilt. A perfect mix of lights and darks.

Susan Jonsson says:

Purple moth most definitely….Love this fabric line and the beautiful quilt you made….

Andrea M says:

Purple moth…. positively dreamy. 🙂

Sandy says:

Gorgeous! I’d piece the back using both!! Indecisive me. You inspire me so. Thank you.

Karen says:

Ohhhhh…I have this same bundle and I’m sooo in love with it. I may have to use your pattern so I don’t waste any more than necessary. Thanks for the batting suggestion, I’ve not used this one so I may have to check it out. I didn’t see anywhere what your final overall size of the quilt is. Would you mind sharing that? Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt top.